Ch. 19: Make ups, and Lottie

A/N: Hot and heavy scene in here, just a warning if you don't like that stuff. It's not like a full on scene, but it's a little more intense than I've done before.

I walked through the front door to find Niall and Liam sitting in the living room with Louis and upon my shutting the door they all stopped talking and looked up to me. Niall blushed and scooted around uncomfortably and Liam gave me that smile he gets when he’s trying to cover something up. Louis looked like a deer caught in headlights and I was instantly suspicious.

“What’s up?” I asked cautiously, setting my things down and coming over to them.

“Nothing, babe. Are you okay?” Lou asked.

“What were you guys talking about to make Niall blush so bad?” I avoided his question.

“Nothing!” Liam shot too fast and avoided eye contact.

“Alright, so that answers my question,” I replied and walked back to my bedroom.

          Because the room was on the other side of the wall from the living room, I could hear their conversation.

“I don’t know what to do, guys, she just got really touchy in the session, and now she will hardly look at me, I mean how do you even bring something like that up?” Louis said in defeat.

“You know how Jovi can get, she doesn’t like talking about things right away, she needs to stew in it for a while before she feels comfortable to talk to you,” Liam reminded.

“Yeah, mate, she’s just a little more secretive about that part of your relationship than other girls are. Ashley’s the same way, she doesn’t tell any of the girls about what we do, it’s normal,” assured Niall.

“I should go talk to her…” Louis sighed.

“No, let me, she won’t rip my face off…I hope…” Liam offered.

          I heard shuffling around and then footsteps and then a knock on my door before Liam came in, closing it behind him. I was sat on my bed criss cross apple sauce and looked up to him expectantly.

“Hey,” he said and sat down next to me.

“Hi…” I replied and leaned my head on his shoulder.

“How are you?” he asked.

“Well you know everything. You know how I ‘get’ apparently, so what else is there to say?”

He wrapped me into a hug and pulled me closer. I could feel his voice vibrate through my ear when he said, “There’s everything to say. Why did you get so defensive at your appointment?”

“I don’t know…I guess I just wasn’t expecting it to go that way. I don’t like people thinking they know all about me when they really don’t and she made this determination of who I was after hardly talking to me!”

“Do you think it bothers you a little because part of it is true?”

“No.”

“You sure?”

“Shut up, Liam.”

“You don’t sound sure.”

I stayed silent. So what if I don’t like thinking about things I’ve messed up on? No one does. But that’s all in the past now, there is no reason to talk about it.

“It’s okay, you know…” Liam said after a while.

“What’s okay?”

“To mess up. You don’t have to get things right the first time all the time. That’s impossible.”