+ the 5 with the Coach Isaac +

Mud flew up from the bottom of my shoes, the moist air around the trail thickening in my throat. My breath shrunk into shallow gasps and I stumbled through a puddle.

Darkness still rested on the academy grounds as I left the Victorian castle behind me. I snuck through the night towards the forest and felt the weight of my legs drag up the hill.

The spandex shorts clung to my skin, sticky sensations dripping down the valley of my breasts. I swept my tongue across my bottom lip, tasting a tinge of salt.

Once my chest started to burn, the inner beast whimpered at my exhaustion and clawed to give me strength. Instead I steered my determination into desperation; immediately unlocking the rushes of human adrenaline. Warmth shot through my bloodstream and I felt my eyes glow a beaming grey.

I disappeared into the forest, putting my instinct on pilot as it steered me in the dark.

I leaped over logs and ducked under branches, my legs pumping like cylinders. Feeling the leaves crunch under my shoes, I sliced my hands through the air and continued down my daily trail.

Suddenly my soles sunk deeper into the dirt than usual and my hands pushed aside unfamiliar vines.

Alarmed, my inner beast tugged on my instincts and I lifted my head higher. I quickened my pace as the eerie feeling stretched.

Run.

Glowing red eyes beamed ahead of me and an abrupt wind pulled me towards it. My mind wanted to escape the opposite way, but the rich blood colour drew me in.

The eyes grew bigger and my feet tingled as a powerful energy coursed beneath the ground.

I ripped through the forest as its power was sucking faster, and I didn't think my legs could run any harder.

Then a flash lit up the night, colouring the forest a blinding white.

Startled, I stumbled backward and shielded my arm over my face. My hand aimlessly reached for a branch to support me as the glaring light began to dim. I slowly pulled my arm down and squinted.

Then a blur sped by me. Something hard cracked against my rib cage and I was flying through the air until my head connected with a tree, black dots consuming parts of my vision.

The earth cold against my cheek, I grabbed a hold of the dirt, feeling for something-a weapon. My fingers roamed over a bumpy surface and I kept blinking until the darkness returned. An animalistic hiss caused my chest to tighten, and I clenched around the branch.

Pain shot through my hand and I screamed, my eyes watering as gleaming white scales scraped against my palm. Red leaked down my fingers and I hugged my hand to my hip, seeing my wet flesh cut open.

I staggered to my feet, my eyes following the scaly branch.

"A tail?" I whispered.

It lashed out and I ducked, the rest of the beast's body still hidden in the shadows. Scales swept me under my feet and my palms smacked into the leaves, my stomach following after. I rolled over and heard the tail whistle past my ear, just kissing the hairs standing on my neck.

I pushed my heels off the ground and ran, but made it two steps away before pain erupted in my ankles. I yelped, hitting the ground again.

The hiss got louder and I shut my eyes, fear pooling into my stomach. The beast growled inside of me, slowly pacing in its cellar.

"No," I said and closed my eyes even tighter. "I'd rather die human than let you win."

A gunshot rang and there was a scamper of feet, leaves rustling in twirls before settling back down.