+ the 7 with the nails +

Recap:

"You can't kill me. You have morals." She spoke of it like it was a disease and threw her head back with a cackle. "Rumours fly faster than witch brooms at the academy."

"Then you must know people have a knack for changing here." His eyes glimpsed over the fur spreading down her boyfriend's back. "In more ways than one."

The apples of her cheeks spread upwards. "Well what do you want us to tell you?"

"Who is it?" Archer asked.

She batted her lashes. "Who is what?"

"Who is the Beast?"

The boyfriend raised his voice. "Which one?"

Archer's silence made the villains cackle again and they exchanged smiles. "He doesn't know," Faith said.

A grin spread across the boyfriend's face. "No, he doesn't."

+++

Archer's hands trembled in fury. "Are there two beasts?!"

"Way more." Faith's eyes widened. "We're surrounded by them. We are the beasts."

His fist slammed into her face and I watched her head whip back. "You know what beast I'm talking about, you fucking shit."

She moaned, head still laying back. I peeked up to find her eyes slightly open, a tear rolling down her cheek. She began to whisper things, earning another crack to the head.

This time her scream travelled into our ears and I saw her body jerk, something slithering under her skin and poking outwards. Her dark façade peeled off and she slowly moved her head forward. Faith's glossy eyes darted to me, tears glimmering like diamonds down her pink cheeks. "Don't. Don't let them take over. Fear the ones who save us. Don't let them save you, Vhalerie."

My frown turned upside down and her heels skid backwards, refusing to give me a straight eye. I smiled, and reached forward. She flinched as I tucked a strand of blonde behind her ear and then pulled something from her ear. My eyes lit up. "Ta da!" She stared horrified at my hand and I waved the bubble gum piece in her face. "Why. For me?" I pressed a hand to my chest. "You should'na have."

I popped it in my mouth and chewed, before smacking my lips. "Tastes like cherries. Sweet." My fingers danced up her arm. "It's got that soft touch. I bet it's making my tongue red. My lips look good with red." I swiped my claw against her skin and she whimpered, shaking as she watched me put my finger in my mouth. "Yeap. Definitely cherries."

"Vhalerie."

"Hm?"

"We have a goal at hand."

I rolled my eyes and dragged my head to the side. "What? You don't find this hot? Don't you like this?"

Faith's boyfriend piped up. "I do!"

A crooked, slow smile crawled up my mouth.

"Vhalerie." Archer's voice rumbled in anger.

With a sigh, I pecked a kiss on her trembling forehead before slinking back to him. "Look, baby." I slid my hand into Lance's jeans and pulled out his gun. "Talk the talk or make the walk."

"Walk to what?" she spat.

"To your grave, ya bonehead," I cooed and loaded it. "I'm clicking the redo button. Annnd action." Faith stared into the barrel of my gun. "The fucker asked you a fucking question."