+ the 16 with the football guys +

I crouched lower, my steps slow and on alert. My pulse quickened at every creak and moving shadow. Then I stopped dead. Heartbeats pounded in my ears.

But they weren't mine.

Roger with his head too tangled in his complaints again, bumped into me and made a big, "Oomph!"

I clamped my hand over his mouth and peeked into the next room. The vault already cracked open, there stood the handsome six feet tall, Villain Academy football team, dressed in their varsity jackets holding their stupid baseball bats and lame boy-next-door weapons. The one who was supposed to have his eye on the door was looking back at the rest of his friends hovering the glass case.

Although Roger complained earlier, that spark of interest in his brown eyes made me smile. He had been waiting for this specific murder all year; the slaughter of his bullies; the academy's senior football team.

And to think—he wanted to pass up on an opportunity to kill them with a valid reason.

High-strung, the balls of Roger's feet kept bouncing and his eyes of Asian descent lit up. "So are we going to go all ninja and hide in the vents or are going to stalk in the mysterious shadows and discreetly kill one by one? Or are we going to slowly—"

I walked straight through the door with a smile on my lips and said, "Hey, isn't this a room full of dicks?"

"Oooor we could do that," Roger said to no one in particular.

Their heads jerked up in alarm and Captain was the first one to speak. "Isn't it Villain Academy's mystery girl?" he laughed, but the end of his voice cracked in fright. His grip tightened around the stolen jewel. "So where have you been Vhalerie? Wait till the Headmistress hears this, you lurking around the Forgotten City with Roger. Or did you come for the Medallion?" He swung the prized necklace, it swinging by his face.

The corner of my lip quirked up. Those jerseys and layers of cologne did nothing to hide the stench of fear. It came strong off their trembling, warm bodies, and I could hear my beast groaning.

"It's cute how you think I'm just here for the diamond."

Their eyes widened like saucers, the purpose for my arrival finally sinking in their minds. Instantly, weapons were removed from their belts, chains and the odd axe and of course the baseball bat. Gotta love the 'rebel in town' look.

The quarterback trying his best to remain tough, spat out a lame threat meant for intimidation, "You should never mess with the football team," he said, the end of the baseball bat resting in his palm.

I stuck out a pitiful bottom lip. "And your father should've pulled out."

The first football player delivered an open mouthed war cry and charged, his axe whistling past my ear as I bent back, returning up with two hands on his jaw and with a twist—crack—the jaw snapped and his body fell limp.

My hand disappeared behind my back, pulling out the silver sword. "Trust me fellas, this'll be the last game you ever play."

Let me break down Villain Academy for you since I didn't get a chance at the beginning—those darn flesh flights always start at the wrong times.

Villain Academy educated selected teens to become world renowned villains and trained them within this closed off city until they graduated from senior year.

So while you were doing stupid calculus, I was learning twenty different methods to torture a man without killing him—(way better than that 50 Shades shit). Clearly, we both know whose school was better.