+ the 24 with the whatthehellisgoing on +

If you have any fanart, email it to me please :) iwillnotusethisemail123@gmail

If you have any fanart, email it to me please :) iwillnotusethisemail123@gmail.com

Chapter whatever whatever

NOT EDITED. THIS CHAPTER I REPEAT, IS NOT EDITED.

RECAP:

Everyone looked at me like I was insane.

"What?" I asked, and glanced around for an understanding face. "Putting the enemy in chains because they put you in chains doesn't change history. I don't live to repeat."

"Are you crazy?" Trent shouted.

"Don't ask me whose crazy, sugar," I replied. "Look, what I'm proposing is still fresh and raw in your minds. So how 'bout we let that idea cook for the night, and then we come back with an agreement tomorrow?"

My mom barked a harsh laugh. "Words don't change anything, sweetie. You and the Beast of Citizens will fight. You can try to change history, but nature will always stay the same."

Whispers rose from the medallion again, heat growing across my heart and up my neck.

"Vhalerie," a voice whispered again.

I rolled my eyes and took the medallion from under my shirt. "Do ya mind shutting up? I'm trying to have a talk with my mother."

A hush fell over the crowd, silencing every Hero across the land.

"Where did you get that?!" my mom snapped.

+++

"She grabbed it out of your ass, grandma bear." Trent flashed my mother a dashing smile.

She looked ready to rip his throat out. "Grandma? I purposefully coloured my hair grey," she snapped, but his smile only grew wider.

"You may be able to avoid paying taxes, but you can't avoid old age."

I gasped, and pressed my hand against my cheeks. "Heroes don't pay taxes? I thought we lived in a democracy!"

The wind howled and a quick gust nudged everyone to shut the fuckup. "Enough." My mother's glare forced a silence across the hills. "Roger, the Beast of Villains is dead. Vhalerie, as the Beast of Heroes, must fight the Beast of Citizens. It's her nature. She cannot fight what she was born to do."

"Who gave you bossy pants privileges?" I asked.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" my mom argued.

"How 'bout you pop this vixen a bubble gum strip and I'll let you in on the rest of the plan?" I reached my hand out and watched several Heroes and Citizens fish through their pockets.

Stress lines formed along my mom's forehead. "Are you nuts? Candy isn't going to fix anything."

"Got one!" A hero placed the pink strip on my hand and I tossed it between my lips.