+ the 12 with Trent +

Chapter 12

P.S. I really didn't want to write this chapter so I'm really sorry if it sucks donkey farts.

"A writer must write. Even when they don't want to."

+++

I clutched the edge of the sink, hunching over as I drew a shaky breath. 

"You can do this.  Don't just wear the mask—use it."  I ran my hand under the tap and splashed water across my face. 

"You've worn masks ever since you could remember."  The water kept running as I voiced my stream of conscious.  "You're a villain.  You know how to fool people.  You can pull off the best trick of all." 

"And no one will ever know."

I slicked my pink hair back, a shimmery fog shielding my eyes behind the mask.  Fear should not be seen. 

My long, silk night gown swayed across the bathroom tiles, like a white waterfall that pooled around my feet.  

Rrriiiiiiiippp!

The cool air hit my bare legs as the night gown only brushed to my mid-thigh.

I tossed the ripped silk in the garbage on the way out, pressing my palm against the open door.

You are Vhalerie.  You are a villain behind the mask. 

Lance leaned on the door and stumbled forward, the door hitting his head.  I stood in front of Archer, eyes rising to meet his.  "Let's go," I ordered.  

He narrowed his eyes, glaring at the ripped night gown.  "What—"

"I didn't like the length," I stated.

Lance stepped beside him and murmured, "Now isn't the time.  We're going to be late for class."  

Archer grumbled under his breath and reached for my hand, but I smoothly pushed it away.  "I can walk by myself."

"Don't be such a brat," he grumbled and reached for my wrist again.

I shoved him off. 

CRAAASH!

Bricks spilled behind us.  Archer instantly slammed my body forward, my head cracking against the wall.

Troops flooded through the smoke,  eyes hidden behind tinted helmets. 

"Well, hu-llo heroes," a smug voice sang. 

Screams erupted down the halls, heroes scrambling to their feet.  A man casually walked through the hole in the wall with a gun rested on his arm and a pair of bloody, swollen knuckles that matched his cut, bottom lip.  

A bullet proof vest covered the man's chest, but unlike the troops, his eyes were open, wide...gleaming with excitement.   

The blaring of a horn shook the floors, horror registered in everyone's features. The sea of heroes instantly divided; the scared, little shrimps went left and the big, brave idiots marched forward.

"I haven't been here in ages," said the bloody knuckled man.  Heroes crashed against his troops, vested men in black and masked teenagers collided into a splattered painting of red.  Bodies dented lockers and paper flew up along with binders. 

The bloody knuckled man sucked in a deep breath and smiled.  "I love the smell of fear in the morning." 

Archer yanked on my hand, but I refrained for that split second, capturing the sparkling eyes of the intruder.