+ the 13 with the hill +

You know your writing game is strong when you have the Wattpad shirt on. ;)

Lol. I read the last bit of the previous chapter and now I'm like: o_o How the hell do I continue with that? 

UNEDITED CHAPTER.

+ the 13 with the hill +

"Woah there, puppy," Trent began. 

I whipped my head around, eyes almost consumed by black madness.

He raised his hands in surrender.  "Hey, hey.  Don't waste all your energy on him.  Or me.  Or any of us for that matter."  He placed his gun back into his belt and kept his hands up.  "I mean, I probably taste like shit—from all those cigars, weed and alcohol.  Yuck.  You don't want that nasty stuff.  It'll make your tummy hurt and lemme tell you, Pepto-Bismol isn't always a miracle worker."

A growl rumbled in the back part of my throat.  The beast plucked the strings of my vocal cords, playing a voice through my mouth, "You're even cuter than Archer."  A grin paired with long, white fangs sent the Citizens staggering back. 

Trent's feet remained still as he tossed a thumb over his shoulder.  "We can get this pretty boy in shackles, sweet pea.  Ain't that right, boys?"  The Citizens held the end of metal shackles, it shaking under their hands. 

I hissed, scales now riding up my legs.

Trent put one hand down, using the other to reach it towards me.  "I know you can control it," he said.  My gaze flickered to his hands, scales growing up his palm and around the base of his wrist.  "You don't have to trust me, but I'm the only thing you need."  The beast howled at the sight of his scales.  I stared down at my own hands.  They were the same ones. 

What was left of my human legs shuffled backwards in fear.  I clamped my hands over my head, walls shooting up in my mind to protect myself.  I could feel the beast inside of me, caging back with anger.  It thrashed against the walls and I shot up more to protect me and my sanity.  The beast's feelings and thoughts and body wrapped around me as I untangled my way through. 

A force shook from the pits of my stomach, shaking my insides and sending the trembles through my bones.  I collapsed to my knees and cracked my head back with a ground breaking scream.

My cry shot fear into every scale and strand of fur, slinking them back under my skin where the beast laid. 

My face moulded back into its tight human mask as I shrivelled back into a hunched position, trying to catch my breath.

"That wasn't too hard."  Trent slapped me on the back and I coughed again, my pink hair dragging across my cheeks. 

I flinched at the clink of metal and stared down at my empty wrists.  I turned and caught a glimpse of Archer on his knees, hands out for the taking.

"This isn't right," I whispered.  "Archer couldn't have just given in like that."

Trent overheard, and squeezed my shoulder.  "He's all talk, Vhal."  The grey haired beast meowled, and Trent's face twisted into panic. 

"I'm not so sure about that," I said, climbing to my feet to match the level of his gaze.  "None of us have seen what each of us are capable of."  I gazed to Archer and then back to Trent.  "None of us."

He shrugged.  "That's true. I may be a backstabbing beast made of raw anger and vengeance."  He laughed.  "Or I may just be a human like the rest of the Citizens."