43

'Julie', my mother said breathlessly as she looked at me, 'You look beautiful.'

I turned to look out the window at the Indian Summer sky, even though it was the beginning of May, the weather couldn't have been any better.

Looking around the room at my bridesmaids; Hannah, Mark's sister Stacey, my cousins Lorraine and Louise, and my mother and Mark's mother I couldn't help but get emotional.

I had been waiting all my life for this day, even though I had thought it would never come, but here I was. My wedding day.

After Mark proposing at the start of the year, we had to arrange everything pretty quickly as we didn't want to waste time. It was twice as hard for Mark who also had to put the finishing touches on the new Take That record with the boys.

It had finally all come together though, and now it felt perfect.

I looked down at my dress. Simple with just a little lace, I had fallen in love with the gown as soon as I saw it. I knew that it was the dress for me.

'Are you ready Jules?', Hannah asked, as my father came into the room and my mother and Mark's mother left.

'Uh-huh', I nodded, as she beamed, 'I'm ready.'

With that I took dad's arm, and left the room with my bridesmaids behind me.

We were getting married in a small church in Oldham, not too far from our old homes.

It was funny the night before, because it was like old times. I slept in my old bedroom, and Mark slept in his, just next door.

When we got to the church, the outside were surrounded by fans of Mark. I waved at them as they called wishes of good luck to me.

Mark's brother Daniel, Gary, Jason, Howard and Robbie (Who were Mark's best men) and Lucas, Anna and Ethan (Who were our pageboys and flower girl) were waiting in the porch when we entered the church.

After a few hugs and kisses they walked into the chapel with the bridesmaids (Hannah and Robbie were obviously not matched up together).

'Are you ready Jules?', Dad whispered as 'The Wedding March' began to play.

'Uh-huh', I nodded, before embracing him in a hug, 'I love you Dad.'

'I love you too Jules, and I'm so proud of you', he replied, before we broke apart and then began to walk down the aisle.

As we descended down the church, I smiled when I saw all the familiar faces that were there.

When we eventually reached the alter, Mark turned and when he saw me his face broke into a huge grin.

'Hello', he smiled, as Dad gave him my hand.

With that the service began. It went so fast that it felt like a whirlwind, and before I knew it I was officially Mrs Julie Owen, and when the priest said, 'You can now kiss the bride', Mark smiled before he took my head in his hands and kissed me sweetly on the lips.

'I love you', he whispered when we parted.

'I love you too', I said, smiling weakly at him as I was trying to contain my tears.

With that we turned, hand in hand to the congregation, who were all cheering us, and began to walk up the aisle.

When we got to the front door of the church we waved at the fans that were still waiting outside, before getting into the car that would take us to the hotel where we were having the reception.

'This is perfect', I beamed, relaxing into Mark's arms in the car.

'The day is only beginning Jules', he replied.

'Yay!', I laughed, before kissing him on the cheek.

The moment we arrived at the hotel, Lucas, Anna and Ethan (Who had come with my parents) bounded towards us.

'Hello babies', I smiled, bending down to their level as they wrapped their arms around Mark and I.

'Mummy you look so pretty!', Lucas exclaimed.

'Thank you honey', I smiled, as I saw my parents walking towards us.

'We're so proud of you darling!', my mother gushed, as she hugged me once I had stood up straight.

'Thank you Mam', I whispered, as I held her tight.

'Welcome to the family Mark', my father said, as he shook Mark's hand.

'Thank you Sir', Mark replied.

'Please, you've been family to us since you were a boy', Mam told him, laughing.

After my parents hugged me once more they took the children away so that we could meet our other guests.

The rest of the day flew as everyone had fun. The meal was delicious, the speeches were great (They were a great excuse to embarrass us), and before we knew it it was time for our first dance.

Gary, Howard, Jason and  Robbie took everyone by surprise as they walked onto the band stand and began to sing 'A Million Love Songs',and with that Mark led me onto the dance floor and we began to dance.

'I love you', I told him, as we swayed in time to the music.

'I love you more than you can imagine', he replied, giving me a quick kiss, 'Thank you for making me the happiest man on earth.'

'It's hard to believe that we only have a few months more of this', I sighed.

'Ssh', he whispered, putting a finger to my lips, 'Don't mention that today. I'm going to make these last few months the best you've ever had.'

'Thank you', I smiled, before a stab of pain hit me in the chest making me wince, 'Sorry.'

'Are you okay?', Mark asked, looking worried, as I clutched my chest.

'Mmm', I murmured, 'Can we sit down?'

'Of course', Mark replied, quickly putting his arm around me and leading me off the dance floor as the boys continued to sing.

The rest of the night consisted of Mark sitting with me, looking after me, as the pain continued in my chest.

He wanted to call anambulance for me, but I knew there was no need, this was normal.

Eventually, we decided to call it a night, and went to bed.

Instead of a night of passion, I fell asleep in Mark's arms, exhausted from everything, while he gently glided his fingers through my hair.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys, 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

Thank you all for voting and commenting on this story, it means the world to me.

I would love to get this story to over 2K views before it ends (There's only a few chapters left), so please spread the word about it!

Anyway, thank you all again for reading.

Love, 

Lauren

xxxxxx