Chapter 17

Izumi-chan: heyyyyy...I'll explain why I wasn't active in like a month..sorry..and WOOOOOOO 21.8k reads and 742 votes!! wow..why do you people like this...I actually don't know but thank you.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

" Thank you... Thank you..." Toma said while still crying. 'King..' you thought. "Thank you... Thank you...kabo..." 'Eh? "Kabo"?' You thought. Toma looked up and around, shocked. He coughed and said "Everyone, I'm counting on you!" Everyone then cheered once again.

On with Chapter 17:

3RD PERSON POV

The church bell ((whatever its called)) rang, signalling that it was midnight. "July 7th..." Gajeel said. "That's the day the dragons disappeared, right?" Levy asked. "Are the dragons gonna appear on this day?" Gajeel asked to himself as he looked at the sky.

"Fairy Tail will defend this central plaza!" Makarov said. "What about the guys from the other guilds?" Warren asked. "They're all standing by throughout the city." Max answered.

"Erza, with those injuries, you need to sit this one out." Cana told Erza who was covered in bandages from the recent battle. "This is nothing." Erza told Cana.

"I can more or less move again thanks to Lyon, this healing girl, and the royal healer." Gray said confidently. "Although if Wendy were here too, we'd be healed a little more." Juvia said.

"At any rate, that's a creepy moon." Freed pointed out. "Eclipse...A lunar eclipse..." Laxus mentioned as they stared up at a red moon at the starry night sky.

ⓜⓔⓐⓦⓗⓘⓛⓔ

The Eclipse Project was occurring. The door was slowly opening as light and smoke flowed out. Everyone was staring, seeing what would happen when the door fully opens.

"Look!" someone said as the door was almost fully opened. "The portal for the hope of the human race is opening! The portal of victory is opening!" or so he thought. More smoke flowed as the door opened wider, along with wind and magic power.

"The future can be saved with this, right?" Wendy thought. "Yeah." Lucy answered whilst staring the the giant door. "And Lucy from the future can rest in peace." Wendy stated as she smiled while wiping her happy tears.

Not long after, Lucy was walking straight towards somewhere, as if like a zombie. Wendy was confused at her actions. "Lucy-san..." she called out, trying to get Lucy's attention but the Celestial Mage paid no attention.

"No..." she muttered. "The portal mustn't be opened...No.." Wendy was shocked when she heard her comrade said that. Lucy looked up with her lifeless eyes, saying, "I need to close the portal now!" Those who heard her words stared at her, eyes wide and mouth gaped opened.

The portal was finally fully opened when Lucy shouted, "Close the portal! Now! You mustn't open it!" her eyes were suddenly full of life again. "Lucy-san..." Wendy said. "What's wrong, all of a sudden?" Happy asked. "What is she saying?" Arcadios asked as well ((while as fabulous as ever with that armor)). 'He said it's already decided that she'll close the portal.' Carla thought "Why?" she said.

"Please! Close the portal now!" Lucy pleaded to the princess and guards. "We can't! This is our only weapon against the dragon swarm!" Hisui (Princess) said while she and the guards were blocking Lucy's path. "If we close the portal now, we won't be able to fire the Eclipse Cannon!"

Lucy walked up to the princess and said "There is no Eclipse Cannon! That's a portal! A portal that's connected to the time stream!" she said as she pointed to the door. "And by releasing its accumulated magic power, we can fire the Eclipse Cannon." Hisui stated "You're wrong! That's no weapon!" Lucy tried to convince them.