"EMILY'S BOOBS ARE FAKE"

December 15, 1997

I learned from people in school today that Matt’s party really sucked. Only a few people went, and Lisa assured me that Zach didn’t kiss any of them. But the next night, there was a seventh-grade party. Zach and Matt were the only sixth-graders invited.

At the beginning of my last class of the day, Tyler came over and said, “Amanda Collins is looking for you.” I went to the classroom door, and there was Amanda (a seventh-grader) and another girl, standing at an open locker. Amanda asked me, “Are you Zach’s girlfriend?” I nodded. She gave her friend a should-I-tell-her? look and then smiled at me degradingly and said, “Oh… well, I was with him at the party this weekend.”

On the bus on the way home, Andrew was like, “He told me not to tell you, but Zach’s going to dump you. Matt told me to tell you that you’re dumped.” I didn’t believe him at all, because it was suspicious that Andrew was suddenly extremely interested in sixth-grade gossip when he is a popular eighth-grader with more important things to think about. Also, he finished by saying, “You’d better call him and dump him before he gets around to actually dumping you.”

When I got home from practice tonight, my mom told me that Zach had called. Maybe he called to talk. Or maybe he called to dump me. I didn’t call him back but I’ll ask him about it tomorrow in school.

I hope he doesn’t dump me – I can’t imagine not going out with him anymore. I take him for granted so much. I don’t really appreciate him or do my part in the relationship all the time.

On an unrelated note, Steph told me that she saw “I HATE EMILY” written on a desk in math class, but she erased it. Someone else had written “EMILY’S BOOBS ARE FAKE” on another desk. I saw that one.