I almost cried out of pure joy.

February 15, 2000

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and Tyler is so cute! We sit together in Science now, because James has been absent and I'd rather sit next to Tyler than Stacy. He said, "Come down to my locker after class, and I'll give you your present." So after class, I went to my locker first and got my stuff for Social Studies, then went downstairs and put it in the classroom. Then I walked to Tyler's locker, which is not too far away, and he was there with Louis, who was like, "Oooh! Emily's here for her present!"

Tyler reached in his locker and handed me a heart-shaped box of chocolates, the kind with assorted fillings. I was like, "Thanks!" and turned to walk away, but he said, "Hold on, I have something else for you." And he reached in his locker again and this time he pulled out a long-stemmed rose. [Then he reached in again and pulled out a rabbit.] It was in a plastic case, with white confetti all around it and a bow of netting tied around the case. He looked so adorable standing there, holding the rose out to me. I took it and hugged him. "Thank you!" I said. Then Ms. Allers told us to get to class.

The chocolates were in a gift bag, covered with tissue paper. I took them out to eat them during Social Studies, and that's when I saw the note. It was written in orange [of course it was] and folded up, held in place with a paper clip. I unfolded it to find that it was the front and back of three pages! I read it slowly and cherished every sentence. I almost cried out of pure joy. 

I swear, I have the best boyfriend in the entire universe! He knows I love it when he writes me notes, and that note made me even happier than the rose - which, by the way, is unusually beautiful and vibrant. My mom took a picture of it! I love the idea that he cares about me enough to spend all that time doing something he dislikes - writing notes. Oh, I love him!