I like dancing with lots of random guys I don't know.

October 27, 1999

Today is Wednesday - there was a dance at an all-boys Catholic School last Friday, but not the one Zach and Nathan go to. It was lots of fun - I like dancing with lots of random guys I don't know.

Mark was there, and he was always... there. I felt like I was being stalked. But I felt obliged to dance with him because he has been around a lot lately. [Note to guys: want to get a girl to dance with you? Be... around.] By the end of the dance, I was just sick of Mark. I did not want to dance with him on the last song, so I grabbed Steven and we started dancing.

I had kind of wanted to dance with Steven anyway, and my excuse was that Mark was lurking around and I didn't want to dance with him. About halfway through the song, someone set off a stink bomb! [Ohmigod remember stink bombs?!] Everyone started shrieking and covering their noses. When the smell passed, there was still a lot left of the song.

I was standing across from Steven and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mark approaching as if he was going to ask me to dance. Before he could, though, I wrapped my arms around Steven and steered him far away from Mark. Shauna saved me by dancing with Mark.

Anyway, Halloween is on Sunday, and there's a dance at our school on Friday. You get free candy if you dress up!