"I am NOT sending you naked pictures of myself!"

June 30, 1999

Today at 9:30, Jacob and Tyler called using Jacob's 3-way. We talked until 11:15 - that is an hour and 45 minutes! Tyler is funny, but I think he is very insecure with himself. He always makes jokes when I ask him serious questions that he'd rather avoid. Jacob, however, is very deep. He is the type of person I can discuss anything with, but also joke with.

Tonight we were discussing lots of things, including the saying "What goes around comes around," each of us explaining why it was or wasn't always true. We also talked about bisexuality, and how Erin is a slut, and talking about people behind their backs. We didn't do that, we just talked about why other people do it. [Except for the whole "Erin is a slut" part.]

We also talked about how if you go out with someone you're friends with, when you break up, you'll hate each other. But that only happens in certain cases, and I think Jacob understands that. He is the coolest person in the world. He is easy going and never makes you feel awkward. He also agrees with me on most things.

Oh yeah, I got a letter from Zach today. I miss him, but I'm kind of mad at him. That is because I was on the phone with him the night before he left, and he said this to me: "You know, the day after I come home, I am going to camp. There will be all boys there. I'll give you my camp address, so you can write to me." "Okay," I said. He said, "Also, send me pictures." "Okay." "But you'll have to use a Polaroid camera - you don't want your parents seeing them when they get developed."

"Zach!" I said, "I am NOT sending you naked pictures of myself!" I was appalled that he thought I would even consider doing that! "But Emily! It is an all boys camp, and I will miss you so much." [I wonder how many times that line has worked.]

"Oh, I get it," I said. "All you will miss is my body." I was so mad I could hardly speak. The letter I got from him today did not apologize for his rude behavior. He wrote it when he was on the plane, which was six days ago, and I just got it today.

I think I am very angry with Zach. But maybe I am just trying to find a reason not to like him anymore. I would probably forgive him a lot more quickly if Jacob weren't in the picture.