I kinda want to go out with him, but I also love being single.

March 31, 2000

It's 10:39 on Friday night and I just got back from one of the best dances ever! It was the first dance I've been single at for over three months. The theme was "Hollywood," and everyone dressed up as their favorite star. I went as Drew Barrymore. On the first slow song, I was standing in a little group with a few of my friends. Steven came over, took my hands, and said, "Dre-ew... come here," in this sing-song voice he sometimes uses.

We wrapped our arms around each other and started dancing. Then I decided I wanted to Tango, and he actually cooperated! [I must point out that when I said "Tango," I meant "prancing about willy-nilly with a serious look on my face."] Tyler would never have done that. I smiled as we weaved our way in between the immobile couples. Then he goes, "Oh, Emily... time for the dip!" and he lowered his arms and I leaned by head back as he dipped me.

Louis came up to me later in the night and said, "Will you dance with Mark on the next slow song?" I made a face. "Don't make a face," Louis quietly warned, "he's like, watching you." I shrugged. "Why didn't he come over and ask me himself?" Louis said, "He was afraid you'd say no." I considered this. It made me kind of sad that I seemed like a snob who would say no to someone who had the guts to ask me to dance, even if that person is Mark. I danced with him on the next slow song after that, and it was really awkward, since we used to go out but I never felt comfortable around him.

I danced with Steven again on the last song, and we were talking and fooling around the whole time. I love that, how I feel so comfortable around him! I kinda want to go out with him, but I also love being single.