Coolness.

May 30, 2000

I was supposed to go to Melanie's family's summer house for Memorial Day weekend, but it was rainy so they decided not to go down. On Friday night, there was the other performance of the school play and it went well again. I wasn't nervous because no one I knew was there.

On Saturday, Jenna came over and we walked into town and bought Coolattas at Dunkin' Donuts, which reminded me that summer will be here in no time and I can count on filling it up with trips into town and low-fat hazelnut coffee Coolattas, just like last year.

On Saturday night, I went to the movies with Laura, Melanie, Shauna, and Erin. Louis, Tyler, and Steven were at Louis's family's summer house, so our usual guy posse was MIA. [Oh, right. This is around the time I started actively adopting lingo from Seventeen magazine like "posse" and "MIA."] On Sunday, Jenna came over again.

Oh, wait - I forgot that I slept over Laura's on Saturday night. That was fun, because we had major bonding time. Laura's one of my best friends, which is coolness because I've known her for less than a year. [Another term I kept trying to make happen: "coolness."] But she's so like me that I trust her with everything. Anyways, when I was at her house, we finished watching the movie that she made of the New York trip, which is really cool[ness]! And a wonderful memory.

When Jenna was over on Sunday, we watched it again, and I made a copy of it for myself so that I can have it to keep. Anyways! On Monday, there was an adorable message from Steven on my answering machine. He had promised he'd call, and I guess I wasn't home, so he left a message. What a sweetie! I love him to pieces!