"Good job, man!"

May 1, 2000

Today is Monday. Daniel's party on Saturday night was so fun! Stacy and Daniel started going out, and they hooked up. That is not going to last at all. Once he sees her in a depressed mood, he'll break up with her pretty quickly.

All the guys decided to go out in the front yard and have a "rumble," which is basically just when they all kick each other's asses. Then the girls went out and started getting involved. It's all in fun! I tackled Tyler, but he didn't fall down. Then Steven grabbed me from behind and hooked my arms behind my head in some weird way. I somehow managed to reverse it, and I totally took him out! I was so excited because he's pretty big and strong.

When we were all walking back inside, I noticed that Steven was limping. I asked, "What happened to your foot?" And he said, "Someone ruined it in the rumble." So Laura and I went upstairs to get some ice for it. We ended up having to listened to Daniel's dad tell every story he could think of in which Steven had been injured, which took a while. [Steven really was always getting injured. I can't decide if he was just being dramatic or if he really was exceptionally fragile.] When I brought the ice down to Steven, he said he didn't need it, that his foot was fine, even though he was still limping in a major way.

Well, he came to school today on crutches! That's what he gets for not putting ice on it. I tried to convince him that I was the one who sprained his foot when I knocked him over, but he claims that he hurt it playing baseball last week and it just got worse when he was running around so much.

Anyway, James, Daniel, and Stacy started talking about how I had to hook up with Steven. I wanted to, but they were making it stupid, running back and forth between us, carrying messages. Laura came up to me and said, "Okay, Steven's waiting in the bathroom. Go in!" I sighed because I was embarrassed, but I went in.

Steven was leaning against the vanity. [Oh, hey. What's up.] I went over and kissed him, but only for a moment before remembering that I needed to lock the door. I went over and did that, and then came back to him. This time, I hopped up on the vanity counter, so that I was facing him with my legs on either side of him. I held my face in his hands as I kissed him so that I could control it. I knew this was his first kiss because James had told me so, but he was a pretty good kisser. A bit sloppy, maybe, but the kiss was enjoyable. We made out for about a half hour, which I'm pretty sure is a record for me.

We had to stop for brief intervals so we could both laugh, like when Louis banged on the door and yelled, "Open up! I gotta take a dump!" After we were done laughing, I leaned back so my head was against the mirror, and Steven leaned forward so almost all his weight was on me. We made out like that for a while, but I didn't like it because he has about twenty pounds on me and it was uncomfortable. So I propped myself up on one arm and kept the other one on his lower back.

When we finally came out of the bathroom, all his friends jumped all over him telling him things like, "Good job, man!" Then Louis performed a strip show, which he said was his congratulatory present to Steven. He was actually quite good at it, which is the interesting part. [I can't even...]

Tyler and Laura hooked up, too. But they decided to stay just friends, because they supposedly don't like each other as anything more, and it was just a "random hookup." Plus, Laura is madly in love with Jacob. On the bright side, Tyler and I are officially friends again! It really was "official." We didn't just gradually become friends again - we had a nine-page conversation about it online and decided to go back to the way things were before we went out. He now refers to me as his "new old best friend," which I like, and he doesn't have attitude toward me anymore. Like if he says something mean, he'll apologize and say, "just kidding" before I can even react. Good.