As soon as we started dancing, he stepped on my toe.

February 13, 1999

Today is Saturday. Yesterday, Gina had a party! I thought it was going to suck because no boys were going. But after school, I went over Stacy's house. She has AOL, and we could go on as my screen name. Nobody was on and we were about to get off, but then Jacob came on. He sent me an instant message as soon as he came on! He was with James and Louis and he said they were going. So obviously, Stacy and I started primping for it!

When we got to the party, it was all girls, most of whom we're not even friends with, except for Gina and Michelle. I'm starting to think Michelle is extremely annoying. There were only three boys there: James, Louis, and JACOB!!! and they all arrived together.

Nobody really did anything - we all just kind of stood around and talked. [Sounds like the parties I go to now.] After it got dark, we all went outside on the deck. There was a table in the middle of the deck, and a couple of candles were on it. Jacob had a lighter on him for some reason [ahem... Jacob was a bit of a pothead, but I didn't know it at the time] and he took it out to light the candles.

I said, "Can I try?" And he said, "Sure," and handing it to Michelle, who handed it to me. I couldn't get it to work, though, and he said, "Here, let me do it," and put out his hand. When I was handing it to him, our fingers touched, and everyone noticed.

Michelle (who also likes Jacob) said, "Emily, everyone knows the only reason you came to this party is to make out with Jacob." That statement caught me off guard, but only for a second. Everyone was startled and Jacob said, "Michelle..." She said, "Well, it's true!" I just turned and went inside. Stupid Michelle! [Seriously Michelle, WTF.]

Anyway, Gina was in the living room sulking, because she and James used to be best friends and then they went out and broke up, and now he hates her. I went into the kitchen where he was, and talked to him about it. A few other people, including Jacob, were standing around the kitchen, too.

James said, "Emily, come here." He put his hands up like he was going to tell me a secret, and I leaned towards him. He whispered to me, "You know what, Emily? I'll make a deal with you. I'll ask Gina to dance if you ask Jacob to dance." I said, "No." He said, "Fine." Then I went into the dining room for a second.

I came back into the kitchen and started talking to James and Jacob. The conversation kind of drifted to Gina, and then Michelle flounced in. "Emily!" She yelled in a super-annoying voice, hands on hips, "Stop talking about Gina!" I was taken aback, considering I wasn't even saying anything mean. I guess Michelle was just trying to show off for Jacob, but it backfired. He looked at her in disgust and said, "God, Michelle, chill." I love how he stands up for me.

Anyway, I went back into the dining room, where the boom box was, and danced with my girlfriends for a while. The party was almost over. James and Jacob came into the dining room just as someone put on "All My Life" by K-Ci and JoJo. [And you know what that means. That song really got a lot of play time!]

James went up to Gina and said, "Come on, Gina, let's dance." She obediently put her arms around him. I knew what was coming! I heard Jacob say, "Hey, Emily..." in a really cute way. "I guess we have to dance."

I looked at him and he had a super-hot half-smile on his face. I said, "You made a deal, didn't you?" James had this huge grin, and Jacob nodded. I said, "I don't like to be part of deals, do you, Gina?" But she just stared moony-eyed at James. I sighed, smiled, and put my arms around Jacob, who wrapped his arms around my waist. His stomach doesn't do weird twitchy things, like Tyler's does. [Well, that settles it, then.]

I had socks on, and he had on his sneakers, so he was almost as tall as me, not counting his one inch of spiked hair. As soon as we started dancing, he stepped on my toe. I said, "You just stepped on my toe!" And he said, "Oh, sorry." After a few seconds, he stepped on my toe again. Before I could say anything, he whispered, "Is Gina pissed because you were talking about her?" His breath tickled my ear. "No," I whispered back. I almost died of happiness, just holding him.

Then Stacy, who is a saint and I love her, took a PICTURE! She said, "Okay, we need a picture of this," and she picked up my disposable camera. Thank goodness I reminded her of the flash, or it wouldn't have come out!

AHHHH!!! I LOVE JACOB SO MUCH!!! HE IS SOOO PERFECT!!!