Chapter 17 - Beautiful Disaster

I'm not really sure how many people are reading this book for the action and how many are reading it for the love story, but I like writing both. This chapter is lovey dovey again, because I just really
Needed this. But more action is to follow. Enjoy loves :)

Corrine

My new favorite sound, is the sound of Eric's quiet breathing as he sleeps. The feeling of his breath on my neck as he stirs and buries his face in deeper. His arm is lazily draped over my side, his bare chest pressed tightly against my back.

"Why are you awake? There's no training today." He says against my neck.

"Don't you think everyone will wonder where I am, if they wake up and I'm not there?" I lace my fingers with his and pull his arm tighter around me.

"Im sure we can think of a reason for you being gone this morning." He presses his warm lips to the sensitive skin of my neck and leaves a slow, open mouthed kiss there. It causes my whole body to shudder.

"Like what?" I whisper, biting down on my bottom lip for some sort of relief.

He moves my hair away from my neck, leaving more kisses, he peppers them behind my ear and to the back of my neck as well.

"I suddenly don't care." He smiles into my neck and pulls me against him more.

"What do Dauntless do on their days off?" I ask. My mouth falling open when his lips wrap around my earlobe.

"I can show you what we are going to do on our day off." He whispers. I let out a satisfied hum at his answer.

He kisses my cheek, and stands up off the bed, reaching out his hand to pull me up.

"What are we doing?" I look at him confused.

"Getting cleaned up." He smirks.

"What are you talking about, Eric?"

"Get up, Corrine. I need you." He looks at me, a burning behind his eyes. It makes my heart beat speed up rapidly. I take a deep breath, and take his hand. It's time I put everything I've learned about being brave to use.

I grip his hand, and he pulls me out of bed and into his arms, he holds me up so that my feet don't touch the ground. I place my hands on each side of his face.

"What's going on?" I smile at him.

He doesn't answer, he just walks with me in his arms into his bathroom. He sits me down on the counter, my legs hanging above the floor.

"I told you, we are getting cleaned up." He turns away from me, and leans over the small bathtub, turn it on, steam rising out of it almost instantly. I watch as he places a plug on the drain, so the water can fill it.

"You want to take a bath?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"You're taking one with me...if you'd like." He says, a bit of nerves in his voice.

I think about it for a moment. All bravery going out the window. He would see everything. My whole body would be on display for him to see. I love him, but could I really do this?

"Eric...I've never.."

"I know that, Corrine. It's just a bath tub." He teases, trying to lighten the mood. I keep watching him as he undoes the button of his jeans and let's them slightly fall off of his hips.

When I was in abnegation, nothing like this would ever have happened. I wouldn't been allowed to sleep here, let alone let Eric see my body. I was raised to constantly hide my body and to keep it covered. But what I have to remind myself now, is that this isn't Abnegation. I'm Dauntless, and if I want get in this bath tub then I can.