Chapter 32 - Instant Regret

I really wish I had more motivation lately. Sorry these updates take so long guys.

 Sorry these updates take so long guys

Corrine

The last thing I remember is getting in the back of the transport vehicle.

My whole body aches as my eyes heavily open. The floor im lying against is cold against my face, I groan as I put my palms against the floor and push myself up into the sitting position.

Looking around, the room is empty, the walls are white and bare. There's a door on the far side of the room, so I force my aching body up and walk to the door.

Where was Eric? Where is Finn? I can feel panic coming over me, until I walk into the next room, Eric and Finn both standing there shoulder to shoulder, just staring.

"Eric? What's going on?" He doesn't answer. He just keeps staring off.

"Finn? Finn, answer me!" I snap my fingers in front of his face and he doesn't even flinch. I move back over to Eric.

"Eric. Say something. Please." I touch his face with my hands trying to make him look down at me but still nothing.

"Hello, Corrine." A mans deep voice says. I whip my head around, looking for who the voice belongs to. No one else is here.

"Who's there?" I say.

"We need you to do something for us." The voice says again.

"Who is we?" I ask again.

"As you will notice now, there are two more people in the room, holding guns to your loved ones skulls." The voice says. I turn back around to where Eric and my brother are standing to see them on their knees, masked gunman holding them hostage.

"What the hell do you want?" My voice shakes, panic setting in.

"You can only save one of them." He says.

This is just like my fear landscape. Asking me to choose between my family and Eric. Except this time, it's real.

"Why are you doing this to me?" My whole body is rigid with anger.

"Who will it be? Your love or your brother?"

"You can't control me." I almost laugh.

Behind me I can hear the gunman put the bullets into place, clicking loudly in the empty room.

"Last chance, Corrine Minor." The voice says.

"You want to know who I choose?" I feel like a crazy person at this point. Tears are flowing down my cheeks, but I'm angry. I'm so angry and I'm done being told I have to choose.

I would gladly take the bullet for either one of them.

I love my brother. He is my best friend and my hero. No one is stronger and more brilliant than Finn Minor, and he has too much to live for.