Chapter 35 - Something To Fight For

Yes, I know, I took forever to update. I had some fellow smut lovers ask for a bit more of that, this chapter will contain some. After that, I'm doing an epilogue and then I'll have a little blurb of the next book. I think i may of said there would be two more chapters but I'm going a different way. So, you'll know the title and get to see the cover and everything for the sequel.

Corrine

The path leading up through the woods, to the small cave at the top of the waterfall, was littered with our clothing. The dirty and bloody pieces of cotton were quickly discarded from our bodies.

Eric's lips were moving against mine in a rush, both of us afraid that moments like this would always be rare. I let my hands touch and scan every inch of him, memorizing the muscles and the scars that littered his skin.

"I should be married to you by now." He groans against my neck, kissing and nipping a path to my collarbones.

It makes me tense for a moment, before I remember he was raised Dauntless. And the Dauntless love so fiercely. They marry young. And they never stop fighting for what they love.

"Let's not worry about that, okay?" I say breathlessly.

"Of course I'm worried about it, Corrine. Have you forgotten what our lives are like now? If something happens to me..." He starts, but I stop him by putting my finger over his swollen lips.

"Nothing will happen to you. I'll never let anything happen to you." I say.

"We need to be honest with ourselves. We can't keep running, and expect to live forever." He pushes some sweaty hair away from my face.

"Please, Eric. Just let me be here with you right now, and tomorrow, we can worry about the future." I hold his face in my hands.

His hands slide down my back and over the curve of my backside, before he's gripping the backs of my thighs and lifting me up, our eyes never leaving each others.

Eric gently presses my back against the smooth rocky cliff, his stubbly face scratches at the skin of my chest in the most delicious way. His lips leave no inch of skin untouched.

"I love you." He groans into my chest.

"I love you." I sigh breathlessly.

We kiss until our lips are swollen and bruised and my body aches from being connected with his. His strong arms holding me tightly as his hips snap back and forth against mine.

Long drawn out moans of his name leave my lips, as he groans and grips my body tighter against his broad chest.

I like knowing that there's nothing between us right now. It's just us, being one person. My mind, body and soul belong to this man. This man who gave up everything for me. He chose me. A girl he hardly knew over something he had been working for his entire life. And he did it without hesitation.

I owe him my life. He saved me in every sense of the word. I've made too many mistakes. Choosing not to trust Eric, will forever make me feel like I'm undeserving. I walked away from him too many times, when he's the only person I'll ever need.

There's a million stars in the sky tonight, as our states of euphoria begin to subside. I find myself wrapped up in Eric, lying against the cold ground. But I couldn't feel it, all I felt was warmth and love.

"What now?" He asks quietly, next to my ear.

"I wish I knew the answer to that." I laugh a little.

"We need to find somewhere safe. Even if it's some place completely new. We have to find it." His finger tips ghost over my bare hip.

"Then we will keep looking." I tell him.

"You're all that I've got, Corrine. My everything, baby." He kisses just at the corner of my mouth, making me sigh at the feeling.

"Why do you put up with me?" I tease.

"Because you put up with me." He laughs. "And because I love you. I fell in love with you Corrine. Recklessly in love."

"Forever?" I ask. He smiles gently, pecking my lips.

"Forever, Corrine."

A/n: yes it's short and not super smutty. But I needed to get a chapter up for you guys. This is the last actual chapter. There's an epilogue still to come and then the sneak peek of the sequel. I love you guys so much, this book seriously has 50,000 reads on it right now. That's more than I ever dreamed. Thank you so much.