Rainy Days

TWO

I don't really know what, but there's just something really awesome about rainy days. I always am in a great mood when I wake up and it's raining. I love the smell of the wetted sidewalk, the sound of the raindrops knocking on my window...

My room has the best windowsill known to man. It's really wide. In fact, so wide that you can comfortably sit on it. Most times I read on the windowsill, a cup of coffee in my hand. Other times I will just stare out of the window, lost in my thoughts.

Today is one of these days. I wake up and smile into pillow as I hear the hundreds and hundreds of raindrops colliding with the glass of my window. I stretch and get up, pulling on a big sweater. Summer is definitely coming to an end. It keeps getting colder and colder. Also rainier.

I like that, though. Cold is nice. Did I mention that I like rain?

It's early, I can tell by the soft snores coming from my brother's room and the lack of cars on the street. I silently make my way into the kitchen nonetheless.
I decide to make a tea for once, figuring it seems a bit more appropriate for the weather. It just gives everything a different cozy vibe.

As soon as my tea is brewed, I go back upstairs and into my room. I grab a book from my nightstand. It's a psycho-thriller called "The Riddle". I'm not particularly into these kinds of books, because I get scared easily, but this one just sparked my interest immediately.

It is a very old and screwed up book, to say it bluntly. I found it outside. Yes, outside.

It was also a rainy day and I was sitting on my windowsill, when I saw it lying on the sidewalk right in front of my house. It was completely wet and looked so lonely.

I felt a bad for it. Who would just abandon an innocent book like that? I know books don't have feelings or anything, but I feel like they need to be taken care of.

So I ran outside, looking at the book from the front yard for a while, before sprinting to the sidewalk, grabbing the book and sprinting back inside. It was hard for me to do, but I did it.

I dried the book and now the pages are wavy and some are even falling out.
I had searched the internet for title and author, but didn't find anything. It was strange.

When I started reading the prologue, I was captivated immediately. The writing was really great and it was all so mysterious. I felt like I was in an old movie reading that book.

So, I set the book on the windowsill, my mug on top of it and climb up. I carefully pull the blanket over my legs and rearrange the pillows, making it comfortable, before grabbing book and tea, beginning to read.

After a while, I see someone on the street out of the corner of my eye. Looking up, I see it's the boy from yesterday, Austin. What is he doing?

He's standing in the middle of the street, looking over at my house. He's not even wearing a jacket, his hair is dripping and so are his clothes.

For a while, I just watch him, until he sits down. He just sits down, as though it were nothing strange, to simply sit in the middle of a street like it was the carpet in a room - while it's raining.

I furrow my eyebrows together in genuine confusion. He is so weird and I find that strangely interesting. I feel like I need to talk to him.

But I don't.

I just sit on the windowsill, while he sits on the street. He looks down at his lap and his shoulders start shaking. It takes me a few seconds to realize that he is crying.

I look around in my room, searching for something that could help me with finding out what I should do now. I wish I could just go out there, sit next to him and ask what's wrong. I can't do that, though. My breathing quickens and I begin to panic.