Books

[yup another update bc i wrote a lot during the past two weeks without wifi, I'm sorry. Also thanks for 1k views already y'all are gr8]

THIRTEEN

10/10
cryptoscopophilia
(n.) the urge to secretly look through windows of homes as one passes by.

The next morning, Austin shows up, out of breath, but grinning and with a caramel coffee for me, "I really wish I could stay but I've got to get to school. It starts in like two minutes. I'll see you later!"

"Thanks for the coffee, have fun!", I yell after him. I smile to myself. He's such a loving and lovable person, it's almost too much to put it into words.

I hurry to the kitchen and fill my Harry Potter mug with the amazing smelling liquid. I then go upstairs and sit on my windowsill, clutching my mug to warm up my freezing fingers.

I decide I should get to schoolwork and I'm immediately in a worse mood, but thinking of Austin, I just smile and smack my lips in appreciation of the delicious caramel coffee.

I start up my laptop and get to work. I don't enjoy school very much, but then again, who would expect a sixteen year old to enjoy any form of school? Exactly, nobody - except for maybe a few parents that have already forgotten that they were also teenagers at some point in their lives.

After hours and hours of torturing myself with math, algebra and health, I'm finally finished and just hoping for Austin to magically appear in my room. I go downstairs to feed Mittens who has been meowing non-stop for the passed ten minutes.

He obviously appreciates the disgusting cat food more than I do and can barely wait until I've put it in the bowl, "You do know that I at least have to open the package for you- just let me-", I try to talk the cat into just waiting, but (as expected) it doesn't work.

I wish I could talk to animals, that'd be like, so cool. I plop myself down onto the couch and watch some cartoons on TV, until the doorbell rings and I jump up and sprint to the front door to throw it open.

This time, it's actually Austin. I grin widely at him and he just laughs, "What's gotten you into such a great mood?" I just shrug.

We go upstairs and I let myself fall onto my bed, making a book, bounce onto the floor.
"What's your absolute favorite book?", I ask Austin.

"I don't really have one. I don't read much.", he replies. "You must have one, though. Have you read Harry Potter?"
He shakes his head, "Seen the movies." I groan in annoyance, "Austin Carlile, let me tell you something; always read the book before you watch the movie, or it will ruin everything. And never read a book that's 'the book to the movie'. Those all suck. How about... The Hobbit?"

"Seen the movie.", he grumbles. "I don't get the movies, though.", I say, "they're split into like three parts while there's only one book with only like, seven or eight hundred pages."

"The Poet's Society? The Green Mile?" He shakes his head. "Never even heard of them?" He shakes his head again, "As I said - I have like five books of which I haven't read four."

"You have to read The Poet's Society and The Green Mile. They're my two absolute favorite books. After those two Harry Potter, but since you've seen the movies there's no use in reading the books anymore... such great books, though. So, I'm lending you-", I fumble for my favorite books, "-these two... and after that maybe The Lord of the Rings, I've just finished it... I promise you, you'll love all of the books I'm giving you."

Austin watches me in what seems to be a mixture of amazement and amusement, as I ramble on about books I've read and haven't, the ones he has to read and all sorts of stuff.

"You're an adorable human.", Austin smiles and I frown at him, "I don't like compliments. They make me uncomfortable."
"Well, tough shit for you, isn't it, Ashby? Cause I'm not stopping any time soon. Not until you believe me."

I laugh, "That was gay." Austin raises his eyebrows as though I'm challenging him with that statement, "I could do a lot of really gay things right now, Alan, and I'm pretty sure that my friendliness would be nothing in comparison."

"Oh shut up", I tell him with a dismissive wave of my hand, "and by the way, would you mind helping me out... With, uh, you know, like going outside again?", I asked casually.

"What? Why? I mean, yes, sure, I'd love to, but why don't you-", I cut him off, "-ask my parents? They've got enough to do with work and my siblings and everything. Siblings? Never. My therapist suggested this because I don't wanna try with her, either. So yeah, only if you feel like it."

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, sure. Why not?", he says. I grin and hug him tightly, "Thank you so much."
"Anything for you", he laughs, "I should give you my number. Do you have some paper and a pencil or something?"

"Duh." I open a drawer of my desk and get out a piece of paper and pick up a pen that's just lying around. "Here you go", I tell him and step aside.

He scribbles down his number onto the piece of paper. "There. If something's up, call me, text me, whatever. I'll be there."

"Thank you so much."

He flashes me one of his gorgeous smiles and gives a thumbs-up, "I better get going, my mo- uh, my dad's gonna ask himself where I am. But I'll be back tomorrow morning with a coffee. Stay happy!"

With that he dashes downstairs and out the door before I can even comprehend what he was saying properly.

I go to my window and I see him rushing down the street with what looks like tears streaming down his face. He keeps wiping at his eyes and I contemplate going down and yelling after him, but he's already disappeared [when I was proof-reading I thought that said disapparated smfh I'm hp trash af] around the corner.