Wow

NINETEEN

kiss (n.)
the act of caressing something or someone with one's lips, as an expression of affection, greeting or amorousness

"Wait, stop. Stop.", I breathe as our lips part. Austin looks at me with a mixture of worry and surprise on his face. "I- what is this?", I ask. "What is what?"

"This", I repeat, "the- the kissing and all that - I mean, wow, but- but I don't know what or why and-" I stop myself in hopes of not embarrassing myself any further - I mean, my stuttering is pretty pathetic.

"You want to know why I kissed you.", Austin seems to have read my mind and puts what I'm thinking into a coherent sentence. I nod. "Well, honestly, you're cute, and you're so adorable and funny and smart and I think- I think I really like you."

For a second I think I'm going to pass out. I laugh awkwardly, "You're kidding, right?" Austin shakes his head, "No, I'm not." He begins to look kind of panicked, so I hurry to say something else.

"I just- I didn't even know you were like, into- uh, into guys.", I say. He shrugs, "I didn't know it either until I met you, to be honest. Like, I've been with girls and it seemed 'normal'", as always, he put little air quotes at the word normal, " but ever since I met you, I would always be like, what the hell, I like him. But yeah- uh, I just... I would like to know if you like me too..."

I bite the inside of my cheek in an attempt to hide an embarrassingly huge grin, "I do. I mean, I do like you too."

Austin gives me a radiant smile, "I know that this might seem rushed, but I... Uh... Shit, how do I say this? I don't want to waste any time, if you know what I mean." I nod. "So would you like... want to be my boyfriend?"

This time I don't hide the smile that spreads over my face, "Duh."
Austin and I just grin at each other for a few seconds, until he says: "I don't think you understand how much I like it when you smile."

I blush furiously, "I like your smile too", I mumble, hiding my face in my hands. "Don't hide, you're pretty!", Austin laughs, grabbing my wrists and pulling my hands away from my face. Instead he gives me a hug, which I really enjoy.

I close my eyes and breathe in his scent. Austin Carlile is my boyfriend.

I can hear his heartbeat, which seems to be somewhat irregular, but that's probably just my imagination.

[sorry that this was so short but I had to make the cashby happen. I do like taking my time so that it's more realistic, but I couldn't wait any longer. I hope this doesn't seem rushed. Thanks for reading!!]