Presents

FOUR

I see Austin walking up to my front door before he's seen me sit on the windowsill. I hurry downstairs, throwing the door open, so it hits him on purpose.

He groans and stumbles back a bit, causing me to burst out laughing. "Ow!", he says, "That wasn't very nice. Now you're not getting the present I brought."

My eyes widen, "No, no, I'm sorry! What present?"
"A proper apology!"
I roll my eyes, "I apologize for hitting you with the door. Now what's with the present?"

He shakes his head, "I need an apology-kiss too!"
"Austin!"
"Fine, fine!"

He keeps hiding his hands behind his back, as he smiles slyly, "Uh, at first I kind of wanted to take you out to somewhere and then I realized wow, I'm stupid, that most likely will not work out so I got you this really lame and nerdy thing but I hope you like it anyway because-"

I cut him off, "Austin, calm down. Who am I to complain about something you're giving me for free? I'm sure I'll love it so... Show me?"

He removes his right hand from behind his back, holding up a white mug. I take a look at it and see that it says "Accio Coffee" in the font that is used for the Harry Potter book titles. I squeal slightly, "If I wasn't uncomfortable with human contact, I would so hug you right now. Thank you so so much!"

"I have more", he grins, holding up a simple brown paper bag, "Can I come inside for this?"
I nod eagerly, racing him to the kitchen. He sets the bag on the kitchen counter, leaning forward, smiling like a child that is about to tell someone their secret. He slowly takes out two of these "to-go" paper cups and the smell of coffee and something else fills the room.

"Coffee?"

"Coffee. But not just any coffee. It's caramel coffee. And the other cup... Hot white chocolate. It's like hot chocolate... Except it's made with white chocolate!"

He looks so excited and I can't help but chuckle at him. I briefly go rinse out my new nerd mug and open one of the cups, filling the coffee into the mug. I take a sip and look at Austin, surprised.

"This is great!" He nods, "I know it is."

I hum in approval, "Dude, I need a lifetime supply of this!" Austin chuckles, "It's addicting."
We go up to my room, me sitting down on the windowsill again. "I feel like that's your favorite place", Austin states, "You always sit there."

I nod eagerly, "It is my favorite place because it's amazing!"
"I'm jealous. I've always wanted a big windowsill in my house. I'd put hundreds of pillows on it and sit there all day."

I pat the empty space next to me, motioning for Austin to sit on the windowsill with me. He hops up and leans his head against the window. "You can totally stalk all of your neighbors."

"I would never do that! I have way better things to do.", I say sarcastically, "I wouldn't want to invade anyone's privacy." Austin laughs, just as the strange skype ringtone comes from my laptop.

"Aaron, for fucks sake...", I mumble as I accept it.
"I heard that!", Aaron says in mock hurt, "Why are you so annoyed anyway? What are you doing?" I pause for a second, debating wether I should tell Aaron about Austin bring at my house or not.

Turns out, I don't have to make that decision, because the next second, Austin appears on the screen behind me, smiling and waving. I suppress the urge to face-palm because I can already sense that Aaron is going to embarrass me as much as possible.

"Oh, oh, oh! Hi, I bet you're the infamous Austin!"
Austin steps closer and nods, "How do you even know me?"
Aaron starts making theatrical hand motions while talking, "Alan never stops talking about you, like, oh my god, he totally wants to fuck you."

I blush furiously, "Aaron, shut the fuck up, that's not even true you little bitch!"
He ignores me, "Oh it totally is."

Instead of Austin reacting weirded or even grossed out, he just answers with, "Fuck me? As if Alan would ever top.", while keeping a straight face. I almost choke on my own saliva as he says that and Aaron starts laughing hysterically.

"You're right, though. Alan would never be a top."

"Excuse me?!"

They both start laughing and I just stand there, mortified.
"Aaron, I feel like you need to go," I say and quickly hang up on him.

Austin is still chuckling to himself, while I cover my face with my hands and fall back onto my bed groaning. "You're cute when you're embarrassed.", Austin tells me. "Shut up!"