Ch.3: The Hidden Secret

•>•>•

"Ross you can't just go knocking on people's doors looking for a kid."

"What else am I supposed to do Riker! I want to see her!"

Riker plops down on the couch, "I don't know Ross. You need to do more research to find out where she is."

The younger blonde sighs and paces around, searching his brain for an idea.

"I got it!" Ross shouts suddenly, "They used to send letters! If I can find them, I can go to that address!"

"That was such a long time ago, what if they moved?" Riker replies, trying to be smart with the situation.

Ross shakes is head, "What if! Whatever it's worth a try, I'm not going to stop just because of a 'what if'!"

The only problem was that he had no idea where the letters are, or if he even still has them. Someone probably had thrown them out by now.

"You know what, I'm just gonna call the adoption center." He finally decides.

"Ross they probably have no idea either, that was a long time ago that she was adopted. I think you might have to wait until she finds you."

Ross looks at his brother hopelessly, "Who knows when that could be...we are here in Colorado for the week and I want to find her now."

Riker nods, if Haley was adopted, he would want to find her too.

"Good luck Ross." Riker shakes his brothers hand.

"You don't want to help?" Ross asks as he shakes his older brothers hand.

Riker shrugs, "I would but Haley and Savannah are coming and..I think you should do this on your own."

"Alright, I think so too." Ross agrees. It wouldn't be that hard as soon as he finds out where she lives.

•>•>•

"Remind me why we're here again?" Laura huffs as she gets off the plane in Colorado.

Stella smiles as she lugs a large suitcase around, "You have a photo shoot, my dear."

"Oh right."

"Is something wrong?" Stella asks.

Laura shakes her head, "No it's just..someone close to me lives in Colorado."

Stella instantly becomes curious, "Who is it?"

"Um never mind." Laura looks away, done talking about it. It would only make her sad.

"Okay..we are staying at a hotel just down the road." Stella confirms and the two of them get into a long, black limousine.

•>•>•

The shower turns off and Olivia steps out, wrapping herself in a towel. She combs through her hair and brushes her teeth. All day she has been thinking about what Jenny said to her in school. It was beginning to bother her more and more with every minute passing. When she's dried off and dressed in her favorite pajamas she goes down the carpeted steps.

"Hey mom?" Olivia calls quietly.

"Yes dear?" Her mother, Tammy replies.

Olivia comes and sits next to her on the couch. Tammy could clearly tell something was on Olivia's mind.

With a sigh Olivia begins talking, "How come I don't look like you?" Olivia asks with a sweet little smile.

Tammy's heart begins beating faster. She's always known that one day Olivia is going to realize that she doesn't look like either of her parents. This is a conversation she's dreaded but it's always been in the back of her mind so she knows exactly how to answer.