Ch.7: Not Too Late

•>•>•

"Ross that was really mean." Courtney frowns upon her boyfriend after watching his daughter run away from him.

"I can't help it okay...everyone knows that's just the way I get when she's mentioned." He replies, referring to Laura.

"I know babe, but you have to understand that she's young and she loves you and her mom. Of course she's going to ask about her." Courtney assures him, giving him a neck rub.

He lets out a breath as a sigh. He knows he gets tense when talking about Laura. He know that he turns into a real jerk too.

"I better go find that little rascal." Ross says looking down the hallway that she ran, "Thanks baby for the sweet talk." He pecks her lips before walking down the hall.

He finds Olivia, sitting in the corner. Her head is in her knees with her arms crossed over top. He then hears mumbling and sniffling noises. She's crying.

"Shhh, Livi listen...I'm sorry sweetheart. I didn't mean to act like that." Ross slides down to sit next to her. His arm drapes around her small body and he pulls her closer against him.

Olivia lifts her head up. Her eyes are red and puffy. A clear sign that she's upset, "Your mean!" She frowns, "I wanna go home now!"

"This is your home! Olivia we are your real family and if you'd just listen for a second--I want to tell you about your mom."

That catches her attention. She wipes her eyes with her fists, "What about her?"

"Anything you wanna know." He smiles a little and she can't help but smile back. Quickly hiding her face to cover up that smile.

"I wanna know everything." She sniffles, laying her head against him, ready to listen to the stories.

Ross takes a breath to reassure himself to stay calm. That it's okay to talk about Laura with this little person who adores her and himself so much, "Well..." He begins, realizing that he really didn't remember as much as he had thought, "Her name was Laura Marano..we were eighteen when we had you and uh she has a sister who's name starts with a V, I can't quite remember."

"You don't seem to know that much." Olivia says, looking him in the eye. She was right.

"Well what else is there that you want to know?"

Olivia sighs, "I wanna know everything! What color are her eyes? What was her favorite thing to do? Tell me all fun stories you have about her, just anything."

"She has brown eyes. I remember she always loved to read, especially to you. She liked going for walks and doing things outside." It was then that all the memories began to come back. All the great times he had with her.

"Ross! Hurry up you're so slow!" Laura exclaims, grabbing his hand to try and get him to walk faster. He teasingly stops and she pouts like a baby, "Come on Ross seriously? You butt!"

He smiles at her and she tries to hide the smile she's about to return, "No I will not smile at you, I'm too mad."

"No you aren't." Ross smirks, putting his hands on her hips. He inches them up higher until he's tickling her stomach. Her giggles are music to his ears.

"P-please stop!" Laura bursts into giggles and falls on the ground. He proceeds to help her back up, repaying her with a sweet kiss.

How can one woman make a man so happy? Simple. She's Laura. That's it. Laura being Laura makes his happiness. All of it.