Ch.13: Thinking All Night

Ross's POV>•>•>

Get back together with Laura? Hell no. We're too different...we've changed too much. She probably has a boyfriend and I have a girlfriend that I plan on marrying someday.

A laugh escapes my mouth. Laura looks at me bewildered.

"What's so funny?" She asks.

"You want to get back together!" It's just funny to me, but honestly who could blame her?

Her eyes grow wide, "No! I never said that. I said that we could get our kid back if we did. But that's not worth it to me." She sounds all defensive and her arms are now crossed. Kinda like how she used to refuse to share any of her food with me.

My laughter dies down and we both become serious.

"I do...want Olivia in the family tho." I confess, not making eye contact with her.

"Honestly that surprises me...a lot." She half smiles.

"Why? I was a good dad."

She shakes her head, "We only had her for a month Ross, and then you wanted to get rid of her."

"Yeah well...I was only nineteen. We weren't even married, it wasn't meant to be. But now that we found her Laura, I feel like that means something."

Laura glances at the house, "Not really...I think we should just forget this ever happened and move on with our lives."

"It doesn't feel that easy...I don't want to forget about her and I don't want her to forget about me."

"Aw..." Laura smiles at me, "That's really sweet Ross."

I shrug and look at the time. It's almost ten o'clock, "Laura I really need to get home...you sure you don't want a ride?"

She hesitates for a moment before finally nodding her head and we both get in the car.

"Where am I going?" I ask her and she gives me the address to her hotel.

"How long are you in Denver for?" She asks me.

"Another week, what about you?" I reply.

"I'm moving here." She answers, "Stella says that LA is too much for me."

"Oh...that's exciting." I say as I pull up to her hotel lobby.

She takes her time unbuckling her seat belt and getting out, "Thanks Ross." She gives me a small smile.

"It's no problem Laura, good night."

"Night." She waves me off.

•>•>•>•>•>•>•>

I get back to the bus pretty late and everyone is surprisingly already asleep. I decide on making myself a cup of coffee before getting to bed. The conversation with Laura is still fresh on my mind. It's almost tempting to me, I mean we could fake it for a few days right? Courtney probably wouldn't even care. And since Laura doesn't seem to want anything to do with Olivia, she can live with me and I wouldn't ever have to see Miss Marano again.

"Ross go to sleep." Ryland hits me with a pillow, I don't even know how he knew I was awake.

"Shut up I'm not bothering you one bit."

"Your thinking out loud."

Shit.

I fake a laugh, "Right, well uh goodnight."

My head hits the pillow and I'm out like a light.

•>•>•>•>•>•>

Olivia's POV>•>•>

I lay awake tonight until midnight. When my eyes finally are forced to close. My body might be sleeping but my mind is fully awake. Earlier Tammy told me she would let me live with my parents if they had a stable relationship. I'm not exactly sure what that means but I think it means they need to be in love. Not just talking.

Although I'm pretty sure Tammy said that just so she won't loose me. She knows that its almost impossible for Ross and Laura to get along for more than five minutes.

I love my current family. Tammy and Tim are great parents and have always made sure I'm happy. I feel selfish for wanting to leave them for Ross and Laura, my parents that didn't want me and probably still don't.

The next morning I get up around nine and head downstairs for breakfast. Tammy just went grocery shopping and she got my favorite cereal, Lucky Charms.

I gobble those down faster then they get poured into the bowl.

"Good morning Olivia." Tim says as he walks by with his cup of coffee, he stops to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning dad." I reply with my cutest smile. I can tell I made his morning by calling him dad again. It's the first time since I found out about being adopted.

Tammy comes in wearing a night gown and a big smile on her face.

Everyone's in a good mood today, I like it.

"Good morning baby." Tammy kisses my head and I snuggle into her a bit, "We have a surprise for you today." She continues.

My heart speeds up. Who doesn't love surprises? "What is it?!"

Tammy and Tim take a seat beside me, both of them smiling. Tim puts his arm around her and starts talking, "We are going to give you a brother."

A brother, that sounds cool. My smile grows, "When?"

Tammy can't have children, which is why she adopted me. But that means I can have my brother right now and at any age I want him.

"Next week. His name is Luke, he's five years old and very excited to meet his new sister."

"Really?!" Mentally I'm jumping up and down. I've always wanted a sibling. It's like having a friend around everywhere you go, a sleepover every single night! "I can't wait!"

"We're glad to hear that sweetie." Tammy says as she kisses Tim's cheek.

I'm going to be a big sister at last. Next week can't come soon enough.

•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>

Short chappie guys, but I wanted to end it here so the next chapter can be longer. The good news is I will be posting the next chapter TONIGHT or sometime tomorrow. Hope you enjoy! Please comment and vote! Tell me what you think of this chapter/story I want to hear your opinions! Thank you!