Ch.10: Dinner Date

•>•>•>•>

"So what did you think? Did you have fun?" Tammy asks Olivia once they get home.

Olivia shrugs, "My dads family was pretty cool...but my mom isn't anything I expected."

Tammy's face drops and her smile disappears, "What happened?"

"She was so mean Tammy. She's the one who put the ice cream on my head and yelled at me. Oh and they hate each other..."

"Who does?"

"Ross and Laura. I ran off because they started fighting."

Tammy pulls her into her lap, "I'm so sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted baby."

Olivia nods into her chest, "It makes me so sad..I was hoping for so much more." Her eyes begin to fill with tears for the second time today.

"Hey sweetie don't cry, everything happens for a reason. I'll always be your mom, I'm here for you."

Olivia shakes her head, "Tammy I love you so much...but now that I know you aren't my real mother. Something doesn't feel right."

Tammy sighs, a little hurt, she shakes it off for Olivia's sake, "Honey you will get over this I promise, just give it awhile and life will go back to normal."

"I don't want that. I wanna be with my real parents.."

"Olivia I'm sorry but that isn't going to happen. Yes maybe you can go see them occasionally but no, your real parents aren't even together."

"No it can work Tammy! I can get them back together and we can be happy!"

"No Olivia! That is not going to happen I'm sorry!"

Tim walks in the room hearing all the fuss, "Olivia your home...what's all the yelling about?" He walks over and sits beside Olivia and hugs her.

Olivia only frowns, "Tammy won't let me be happy."

Tim shakes his head, "I doubt that baby, she's only doing what's best for you."

"I wanna be with Ross and Laura."

Tim sighs, "I knew this would happen...Olivia the answer is no."

"You can't just keep me away from my real family!"

"I'm your father, and I can do whatever I want with you Olivia."

Suddenly there's a knock on the door.

"Dammit why is someone visiting right now..." Tim grumbles and gets up to open the door. He finds himself staring into the eyes of a tall, beautiful woman, with long dark hair.

"Uhh is this- Tim and Tammy James's house?" She asks, reading off her hand.

Tim lets out a breath, "Yes who are you?"

"I'm Courtney and I came here to find Olivia."

"Sorry I don't know a Courtney." Tim replies a bit irritated.

Courtney shifts a little, unsure what to say, "Ross really feels bad and he's acting really depressed all the sudden so I came to find his daughter for him."

"She's not his daughter, she is mine. And I won't just send her with some random girl I've never seen before." Tim crosses his arms, he was not in a friendly mood today.

"Oh I'm sorry...should I call him?" Courtney asks, bringing out her phone.

"Nows not a good time." Tim rubs his forehead.