Ch. 24: Day Trip

•>•>•>•>

Olivia's POV•>•>

Life has gone back to normal. School has started back up and I'm loving having a little brother to play with. All that drama with my biological parents has been forgotten. Tammy is my mom and Tim is my dad. Luke is their son and I am their daughter.

Since finding out about my biological parents, I've learned a lot more about what it means. We have the same DNA, and a bunch of other cool science type stuff. We just look alike, that doesn't mean we're family.

Family is there for each other, always.

"Olivia, lunch is ready!" My mom calls. I immeadietly run to the kitchen and sit in my spot at the table.

She sets a plate of spaghetti down in front of me and one for Luke too.

"I got a phone call today, Olivia.." My mother begins and I get worried.

"Am I in trouble? I promise I didn't do anything."

"No no, you aren't in trouble." She clarifies, "I got a call from your birth parents. They want to see you."

"Oh." I say, not making eye contact.

Mom sits beside me, "Is everything okay, sweetie?"

I nod, "Yeah, it's just I finally moved on from them...I don't want to make you sad anymore."

She hugs me, "Olivia, I love you so much, and it's perfectly okay for them to love you too. I think you should see them, see what they have to say."

"But last time everything got messed up..."

"That's not going to happen again, I promise. Do you want to give them a call?"

"Can I after I eat?"

She nods, "Of course."

•>•>•>•>

Laura's POV•>•>

Five more minutes to go.

I've been running on the treadmill for twenty five minutes now. Five more and I'll make thirty.

Recently we've found out that the apartment has a gym. A gym with basically any kind of exercise equipment you can imagine.

My headphones are blaring music into my ears so I don't hear Ross until he's standing right in front of me yelling.

"Laura! Your phone is ringing!"

"I don't care, I'm finishing my run first!" I tell him, pulling my head phones out of my ears.

"But I think this phone call is important." He says, handing me the vibrating phone as I step off the machine.

"Hello?" I answer, almost completely out of breath.

"Hi..." Someone replies shyly.

"Who is this?" I ask, sitting down on a bench.

"Olivia...is this Laura?"

My heart starts beating faster, "Olivia? Hi sweetie, yes this is Laura."

"Mom said you called for me."

"Yeah, I was just wondering if you'd like to spend a day with me and Ross? It will be fun, I promise."

"Okay...when?"

"How about tomorrow?" I suggest.

"Okay."

"Okay I'll pick you up at nine tomorrow."