Ch. 21: Together

Ross's POV>•>•>•>

Laura and I have spent the whole day together. Talking about everything we've missed about each other.

"You seriously went sky diving?" She asks with a giggle.

"Yes I seriously went sky diving." I confirm.

"That's crazy. I would be way too scared to jump out of an airplane." She says. She's got this smile on her face that I've only ever see on her. It's a beautiful, real smile. I love it so much.

For lunch, we ordered a pizza and ate it together in the hotel.

Soon enough, my phone rings and it's Riker. Probably wondering where I am. I've been gone since yesterday morning. I answer his call and hold the phone to my ear.

"Ross! Where the hell are you man? We're supposed to leave tonight for Texas! Have you forgotten that we're still on tour?"

Right...I'm a lead singer in a band. And we're currently on tour.

"Sorry Riker, I've been busy. I'll be back in time to leave."

I notice the smile on Laura's face fade away.

"You better be. Because this tour is important to us and I know it's important to you too. You gotta get your shit together man."

"That's exactly what I'm doing right now."

"Please tell me you haven't done anything stupid." Riker groans.

"Well you might think it's stupid."

"What did you do now, Ross?"

"I broke up with Courtney."

"You what?!" He sounds so shocked.

"I had to. She wanted more than I could give her. And I want something different." I try to explain to to him, but he doesn't seem to get it.

He sighs, "Are you with Laura right now?"

"Yes I am."

He starts to chuckle, "Okay...just get your ass back here." He hangs up the phone.

Laura looks at me, "You have to go don't you.."

"Yeah. We're leaving for Texas tonight."

She looks really sad now, and it makes me sad too.

"I guess you better get going then..."

"Laura..you don't have to be sad. We're gonna see each other again."

She doesn't look at me, "How long do I have to wait?"

"You don't have to wait at all."

"Yes I do Ross...how much longer is the tour?"

"We're in the US for the next three weeks. Then we go on break for a month before Europe."

"This feels exactly like it always has. Our relationship has always been this way. You leave and I wait for you to come home."

"Laura you can't be upset about this. You know this is my job and it doesn't mean I love you any less."

She looks at me blankly, I reach out for her hand and squeeze it.

"I just got you back." She mumbles, "Now I have to let you go...again."

"No you don't Laur."