Ch.14: Little Brother

•>•>•>•>

It's next week already and Olivia is impatiently waiting to meet her new adopted brother, Luke. Tammy and Tim will be walking through their door any minute with him. Olivia can hardly contain her excitement anymore. This is something she thought she'd never get to experience.

The sound of a car pulling up in the garage has Olivia jumping off the couch and darting for the door.

Tim walks in first holding a little back pack with the name Luke engraved into the front pocket.

"Where is he!?" Olivia asks frantically as she jumps up and down. Her excitement was bursting out of her ears like fireworks.

Tim smiles and lets out a small chuckle, "With your mom, they're coming." He assures her.

"They should hurry up." Olivia lets out a huff, sick and tired of waiting.

Just then, a toy helicopter flies into the room nearly smacking her in the face. Laughter comes next, followed by a little boy with a controller in his hands.

"Luke please don't fly it in the house...how about you fly it outside later after you meet Olivia." Tammy says exhaustedly as she walks inside.

Luke is running around the dining table chasing after his new toy. He stops when Olivia starts chasing it with him.

"Who are you!?" He points at her curiously.

Olivia can't help but giggle, "I'm Olivia, your new big sister!"

Luke smiles and gives her a tight hug. He was a cute little guy, a full head of brown hair and soft brown eyes. He's a bit small for his age, a lot of growing left to do.

"Wanna play with me?" Luke asks Olivia shyly. Of course she accepts and they run off to play in the living room.

•>•>•>•>•>

Laura's POV>•>•>

My world has been turned upside down. Once again by Ross Lynch. I'm not even close to admitting it out loud, but honestly he's all I've been thinking about since the night he drove me back to my hotel. I don't know how or why this is happening, again, but I'm assuming its just a phase. As soon as this Olivia drama blows over, so will my thoughts about Ross. At least they better.

I've been torturing myself even more by digging through all my old junk and finding pictures of him. But not just any pictures, pictures of us together.

A lot of them are just him kissing my cheek or the two of us making funny faces together. But there's a few that make my heart ache...a lot.

Like the one of us singing together on the beach. This picture is powerful in my mind, I remember that day so vividly. It was a week after we graduated high school. Everyone was so happy and our relationship was finally becoming normal again after a little break. That day he told me he wasn't going to let me go ever again. Well look how that turned out...damn stupid memories. I throw that picture down and look at the next one.

The picture of him kissing my belly after we found out we were having a baby girl. The doctor took this one for us. I remember that because Ross looked like a fool asking her. The dumbass tripped on some machines chord and fell right on his face. I laugh a little to myself.

The last picture has me in tears. Ross is sitting in a rocking chair with me in his lap and Olivia is in mine. We actually look like a family together. This was the day we got to bring Olivia home from the hospital. She was so tiny and precious. Not anymore, I let her grow up without me. With a stranger.

I can't take it anymore. I throw all the photos back into their box and stuff it back away where I can't see it. My heart hurts and before I can stop to think my fingers are scrambling to dial Ross's number.

•>•>•>•>•>

Ross's POV•>•>•>

What the hell. Laura's name is flashing on my phone. She's calling me. So do I answer?

Yes.

"Hello?"

"Ross...what are you doing?" Her voice sounds weak, like she's been crying.

"Nothing...what's wrong?" I'm really confused now. This chick hates my guts.

"I want to talk to you. Can you meet me where you dropped me off the other night?"

"I guess...but why?"

"We have things to discuss...just do it."

"I'm on my way." I confirm and drive there right away.

When I arrive, she's already standing there waiting. She's wearing a long jacket that covers her ass. Don't know why I'm noticing.

She comes up to my car and gets in the passenger seat. Her hair is damp. She must have took a shower for me, how sweet.

"Ross I want Olivia back too."

Wham. There goes my plan of no more Laura.

"I thought you didn't want anything to do with her?"

She shakes her head, "I want to be apart of her life."

This girl has always surprised me. She's got something new up her sleeve everyday I tell ya. It's something I miss about being around her.

"What made you decide that?"

She looks down, "I thought really hard and looked at a few photos. It hurt me...right in the heart. It made me realize how stupid I was."

"Laura-"

She slaps me across my cheek. Hard.

"That's for forcing me to get rid of my baby!"

What the hell...

"Fuck that hurt Laura...you can't just slap me like that!" I yell at her, but she's just crossed the line and I'm pissed.

She covers her eyes with her hands and tears stream down her face, "I'm sorry! I'm just emotional and a total wreck. It just seems easier to blame it on you! God I'm a mess!" She cries and opens the car door, nearly falling out onto the concrete.

Do I feel bad for her? Of course I do. She might be my ex, but deep down I'll always care for her. But am I going to do anything? No.

"Laura I think you should get some rest, looks like you were up too late last night." I suggest as she closes the door and walks back into the hotel.

I'm about to follow her inside when Courtney calls. She's upset too. Do I comfort my girlfriend or my ex girlfriend? The answer is pretty obvious, I have to be with Courtney.

"Baby what's wrong?"

"Why are you with Laura! Again! Why is she in your car!" She's screaming at me.

"Woah woah woah slow down, I was just bringing her home." I struggle to explain, but I feel like I just made it sound worse.

"Home from where!? Were you two out somewhere?!"

"No, we were just talking about the Olivia situation."

"Oh...can you come home?" Her tone has changed now.

"Yeah I'll be there in a bit. I gotta go."

"Bye..." She mumbles right before I hang up and run back into the hotel after Laura.

>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>

Been having a bit of writers block but now I've got a plan for this story and I think I really like it. Predict what you think will happen next in the comments! Whoever has is right will be mentioned in the next chapter!