Ch.11: Meeting Up

"You seriously want me to find Ross?" Stella asks in disbelief. Laura nods and quickly looks away.

"And actually...I want Andre to come along too." She adds, shocking Stella even more.

"Laura dear...this is starting to sound like a bad idea."

Laura shrugs, "I don't care. If Andre's with me then it might not turn out so bad."

Stella looks at the floor, "Alright...you get ready then..."

•>•>•>•>•>

"That was so awkward."

"I had fun...go fish is like my favorite game."

"Yeah well I'm in a different situation and it's not easy. I hate this."

"Ross...I'm sorry."

Courtney laces their fingers together as they walk back to the bus.

"I want to go home...I seriously don't think I can handle this anymore."

Courtney stops him from walking, "Baby, your doing great. She seems really happy to have you around and honestly it's one of the cutest things I've seen."

Ross frowns, "It's not cute...it's complicated."

"Why is it complicated?"

"Because I don't know what to do next! Now that she's met me I can't just say goodbye forever!"

His tone of voice startles her a little.

"Right um...why don't you just adopt her then?"

"Courtney, her parents love her. And if I did that then she'd want to find Laura again. I do not want to see Laura again. Ever."

It was 9:00 p.m, almost dark as they continue to walk.

Courtney looks up at him, "Sweetie, I really think she'd rather be with you than her adopted parents."

"I don't want her."

"Ross, yes you do. Your just afraid."

"Just drop it would you?"

"No, your upset." Her eyes look at him full of sorrow, "Please, I want to make you feel better Ross."

He shakes his head and pulls their hands apart, stuffing them in his pockets.

Courtney wraps her arm around his, "I'm here for you Ross, don't you see that I want to help? Please let me."

"I'm fine Courtney, just stop talking would you." He grumbles and starts to walk faster then her.

She stops, "Fine, I'm done trying! Goodnight Ross."

He hears her footsteps...walking in the opposite direction; right now he didn't even care.

•>•>•>•>•>

The next morning, or well afternoon, Ross sleeps in until one that day. He hasn't seen Courtney since last night.

The rest of the group went out for the day and decided it was best to let their little brother sleep in.

He makes himself a cup of coffee and sits alone at the small table. His phone blowing up beside him with messages and missed calls from his family and friends back in California. One message catches his eye...

Ross, this is Stella. Please call me, this is important.

Who the fuck is Stella? Is the only question going through his head right now.