Ch. 22: Good and Better News

Laura's POV•>•>•>

I've been on tour with the band for three weeks now. Tonight is the last show in the U.S. Then we get a month off before going to Europe. I don't know for sure if I'll be coming along. Throughout the last few weeks, I've been feeling quite homesick. I don't really even have a place to call home right now but I'm definitely ready for a break from traveling. So is everyone else.

Ross and I have already decided that we are going back to Denver; the rest of the band is going home back in LA.

These past three weeks have given us a lot of time to spend together and discuss everything that's going on. It's been a rebonding trip.

We both decided that getting our daughter back is what we want. Ross's family thinks it's a bad decision, but if they were in our shoes I think it'd be a different story.

Maybe we're rushing into things. We've only been back together for a month...what if we don't last? What if we do gain custody of Olivia and then screw it up? It's a big decision and we're both aware of the possible consequences. For me, it's worth it.

"Hey, are you ever going to get out of bed?" Ross asks me, pulling me away from my deep thoughts.

"Probably not. I'm so tired. I just want to relax. I don't know how you can do this." I say rolling on my side to look at him.

"This is what I live for, it's my job." He replies.

"I get that and I know you love it, but don't you ever get tired?"

"Baby, I'm exhausted. But like I said, it's my job."

"Come lay with me, just for a bit?" I beg him, making sure to use my sweet face that I know he can't resist.

He tries not to look at me, "I'm sorry but I can't, I have to help set up the stage and-"

"Pleaseeeee." I stick out my bottom lip trying to look sad.

He glances up at me and his eyes soften, "Fine, I've got five minutes." He says, taking his shirt off and climbing into the bed with me.

"I think you've got at least ten." I giggle as he wraps his arms around me.

"For you, I think I do." He kisses my cheek.

I surprise him with a quick kiss on his lips, "I love you."

"I love you too." He whispers, closing his eyes. I giggle quietly to myself as he falls asleep.

Ten minutes later, I fall asleep too.

•>•>•>

We ended up sleeping for forty five minutes.

Until we were rudely awaken by Riker, who was pissed off that Ross hadn't been helping.

"Don't be a dick Riker, he was sleepy. Give him a break." I yawn, wrapping my arms around Ross's neck.

"We're all sleepy. And now we're fifteen minutes behind schedule."

"Riker get out of our room, I'm coming just give me a minute." Ross tells him, I could hear in his voice that he was still tired.

Riker rolls his eyes and leaves the room. I start giggling, "Whoops I got you in trouble."

"Yeah you did you little brat." He teases me.

"It's because you can't resist me." I tease him back.

"Oh shut up."

"Make me." I challenge.

He kisses me. My stomach immeadiently fills with butterflies as I kiss him back.