Ch. 18: Honestly

oh btw...I'm pregnant.

What the fuck. Why is this happening to me right now? Dammit.

I text her back. My fingers shaking and my head spinning.

Come back here now!

She responds.

I'd rather not.

I'm angry now. Running away from me? That's not doing any good. I run my hand thru my hair and sigh. Now what am I gonna do?

"Hey Ross! Come inside and play cards with us!" Rydel yells out the window at me.

I shake my head at her, "Nah I'm good."

"Oh come on, it will be fun. Don't be lame." She pushes further.

"Rydel I said no!"

"Hey hey no need to snap at me, what's going on out there anyway? Where's Courtney?"

"What does it look like, she left!" I kick at some dirt like a pouty little kid.

Rydel gives me a look of sorrow, "Oh. I'm sorry."

I frown and turn my back to her, "Just go play your game I'll be fine."

"Alright..suit yourself." She shuts the window and I sit on the ground and wait for Courtney to get back.

•>•>•>•>•>

Laura's POV •>•>

Today's my day off and I literally have nothing to do. I find myself wishing Ross would have stayed longer, but I'm sure he had better things to do than spend the day with me. I'm just feeling lucky that he spent any time at all with me.

I decide to text him instead.

Hey, what's up?

He responds within a minute.

Can't talk right now.

Okay...well then. Now I need a new idea. My mind begins to wander, back to the thoughts about my daughter. My daughter who has already turned ten years old. Who suddenly has become apart of my life again. It's strange how quickly things can change. Just like how Ross and I are talking again. It was years ago that we broke up, and it hurt...badly. I wasn't sure if I'd ever get over him. By now I'd expected to be remarried, maybe have a new family and a home. But it seems like my life keeps turning back to Ross. Just when I think I'm headed a new direction, I find myself with him. What if he is my meant to be?

I quickly sent him another text.

But..I have to tell you something.

I don't need to hear anymore secrets today.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

A few minutes pass and I decide to just spend my day packing instead of thinking about something I can't have. And then my phone buzzes.

Actually...I need someone to talk to. If you still want to anyway...

Of course I do :)

I'll be over in ten.

What! Ten minutes? I'm wearing pajamas! And my hair...don't even get me started. I hurry up and change and attempt at brushing my hair. It takes a little while before all the knots are out. I don't even bother with makeup because I don't want to look like I'm trying to impress him. There's a knock on the door and I rush over to open it.