Ch. 16: Hanging Out

•>•>•>

Ross's POV•>•>•>

It's early and today I have nothing to do. It's a good feeling to have for someone that's busy all the time.

so about last night...I feel bad about some of the things I said, you were only trying to be nice. Can we meet up?

She texted me. She actually texted me.

Yes. I'll come to your hotel.

Okay, you can come anytime. I'll order a pizza. ;)

Sweet she's going to feed me!

Before I leave I take a shower and leave a note to my sleeping family saying that I left to meet a friend. Courtney might be a little suspicious but she knows Laura and I would never do anything to harm our relationship.

On my way now, have that pizza ready!

I let her know that I'm coming because I'd hate to show up at a bad time.

Traffic is busy this morning so it takes me longer than normal to get to her hotel. I see the Dominoes car siting out front and smile to myself. She knows my favorite.

I take the elevator up to her room and knock on the door. She opens it with a slice of pizza in her hands.

"Just in time for the food." She smiles.

"You know I could never say no to food." I reply and come inside. Her room is messier than last night but it doesn't bother me at all.

As I sit down and eat with her I begin to realize how strange this is. I'm eating pizza for breakfast with my ex from ten years ago. Who the hell does that? I guess now we are becoming friends though.

"So...why did you want me to come here?" I finally ask her.

"Because when you left last night I finally realized that I missed you."

Her answer makes me smile a bit, "Really?"

Nodding, she replies, "Yeah...I mean I was really rude to you last night and I started feeling bad about it."

"Don't worry, I'll forgive you this time miss Marano."

She giggles, "Thanks Rossy bear."

"Ew no. That nickname has gone out of style."

"Not to me it hasn't, I will always call you that. Like it or not." She smiles and takes another bite of her pizza.

"You haven't changed a bit have you?"

"Nope. I'm basically the same girl I was ten years ago." She laughs and I laugh with her.

"So tell me about all the boyfriends you've gone through these past years, you know because they can't top me." I smirk at her and she frowns.

"You make me sound like I'm some kind of slut." She says crossing her arms.

"No! I didn't mean it like that at all."

Her eyes soften, "I haven't really even had a boyfriend...just small hookups I guess."

My heart feels bad for her, "You'll find love, don't worry."

She shrugs, "What if I'm one of those women who are just meant to be single for their whole life?"

"Laura your only that woman if you want to be that woman."