Ch.15: Talking

Laura's POV•>•>•>•>

He's knocking on my door. Why? I don't know. Is he trying to pretend like he cares? Or maybe he really does care...no of course he doesn't.

"Laura please let me in." He says between knocks.

Since when do you want in to my life?

I peek through the peeking hole and just stare at him a minute. The dim light was making his blonde hair practically glow.

Ugh. Just let him in Laura. I mean when's the last time you had Ross Lynch banging at your door? Yeah, it's been awhile.

Before I know it my hand is turning the knob allowing him in. He shuts the door behind himself and looks at me as if I'm supposed to know what to say.

"Why did you follow me?" I ask him quietly.

"You're upset. And it's because of me." I feel him reach for my hand.

"What makes you think that?" I play dumb even though I know I look stupid and he won't care either way.

He looks at me slightly annoyed, "Really Laura? You think I can't tell when your upset? I know because when you get upset you act like nothing's wrong and you try to get away from the reason your upset and in this case that's me."

Impressive.

"Okay I'm upset," I admit, "but that doesn't mean I want you to be the one here for my rescue."

"Why? You got some knight in shining armor on his way?"

No. I've been single since you, dummy. Well besides a few small flings that I wouldn't really consider a real relationship.

"Yeah maybe." I huff, enjoying his attention in the wrong way.

"Who is it then? I haven't heard anything from the media about Laura Marano having a boyfriend."

What you been stalking me boy?

"That's because it's not official. And the media doesn't know everything about me. You don't know me anymore Ross. You only know me ten years ago."

His chest is moving up and down quicker now and his eyes have gone cold.

"How about you leave me alone and go be with your girlfriend who actually wants your obnoxious attention." I gesture to his phone vibrating in his pocket. I'm assuming its his girlfriend, I heard him talking to her earlier. She's mad at him.

He takes a deep breath and lets it all out taking a seat on the white sofa nearby. I look at him confused. Like why are you still here?

"It hurts you know." He breathes out looking up at me.

"What does?" I ask in confusion.

"You don't have any interest in me at all. I don't understand why we can't be friends or at least know each other. Laura I don't want to just know you from ten years ago. I want to know you now, why won't you let me?"

"Why the hell should we ever have anything to do with each other Ross? It's painful. Every time I see you I remember something I used to have. Something that was once really great and now it just makes me cringe."

He looks at me, hurt, "Maybe now is our chance to have what we had before back."

Quickly, I shake my head at him, "No Ross. We can't be like that anymore."

"Laura I'm not asking for you to be my girlfriend. I just want to be your friend. I want to be able to have a normal conversation with you without worrying that you still hate me."

"I don't hate you, Ross, I just don't know if I can handle a friendship with you."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I don't want to accidently fall in love with you again." I mutter quietly, looking off to the side.

He doesn't say anything for a moment and I'm afraid I might have screwed up somehow.

"You know I'll always love you. Laura, there will always be a place in my heart for you."

I turn to look at him, "Ross...that's really sweet. But please just go."

Truthfully I don't want him to leave. But this isn't some fairy tale love story, this is real life. Ross has a girlfriend and even if he didn't I would never allow myself to just jump back into his arms so quickly. We've spent a decade a part. We are basically strangers!

"Laura, please don't push me out of your life. Haven't we been fighting long enough?"

"Yes we have. So please just go."

He gives me that sad look again and reaches into his pocket to grab his phone; which is vibrating.

"Why don't you worry about the woman who loves you and not the one who's trying to get away."

He looks hurt and slowly nods, "I'll see you around, Laura." He mumbles right before he answers the phone call and steps out the door.

•>•>•>•>

Ross's POV•>•>•>

"Yes Court I'm on my way."

"Ross I've called you seven times, where have you been!?"

"Talking to Laura."

"Why! I've seen the way she talks to you, can't you take a hint? She doesn't want to be near you!"

"Yeah I know but you know I don't take no for an answer."

I hear her huff, "Just come home please, I miss you." She hangs up and I'm walking back to the bus is the dark.

I get back about twenty minutes later and everyone's watching The Avengers together.

"Ross!" I hear my girl squeal and jump onto my back.

"Hi baby." I smile at her and kiss her on the cheek.

"Don't do that again, I worry too much about you. When you didn't answer your phone I was beginning to think you got abducted by aliens."

"That makes no sense." I chuckle.

"I know." She smiles brightly.

•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>

It's been awhile I know. I'm sorry it's just kind of hard for me to continue writing Fanfiction. I will finish this story but it may take longer then I want it to.

Thank you so much for reading! I love anyone and everyone that reads my writing.

Please comment and vote! I'll try and update soon!