Chapter Four

'Tonight' came. You had agreed to meet (f/n) by the cafe next to your flats. You grabbed your trench coat and wrapped your scarf around your neck and then left the flat. You met (f/n). She was wearing a beautiful dress.
Out to impress someone?
You smiled to yourself.
"You look nice," you said complementing her.
"You look like a detective," she replied.

You walked round to the pub where you had agreed to meet Dan and Phil. Phil was wearing a suit.
Jeez we're only going to a pub.
Dan was wearing black; black jeans and jumper.

You entered the pub and sat down near the window. Dan and Phil went to go and get drinks whilst you and (f/n) chatted about random things. They returned and you sipped your pint. You had just finished it when you got a phone call. You excused yourself and went to answer the phone.

"Hello (y/n). I'm sorry to have to bother you on your day off but we've got a case. I suspected murder in Hyde Park. Can you come and have a look?"

"Yes sure," you said a wide grin plastered on your face.

You went back to the table everyone was sitting at and leapt into the air.
"YES!!! I'VE GOT A CASE!" You yelled at them.
You grabbed Dan's wrist pulling him out the door.
"You're coming with me I need an assistant," you said.
Phil and (f/n) just looked at you confused.
"MERRY CHRISTMAS! ENJOY YOUR EVENING!" You yelled exiting the pub.

You sprinted down the pavement Dan running behind you complaining about not doing exercise or something. You ran up some stairs so you were on a rooftop. You ran along and jumped to another roof with ease. You heard a scrambling behind you as Dan held onto the ledge of the building for dear life. You sighed went over to the edge and pulled him up. You sprinted off again.
"I almost died," Dan yelled to you as you slid down a bannister down to the pavement.
"Congratulations," you yelled up to him.

You halted at the edge of a busy road whilst you waited for Dan to catch up with you again. You then ran into the road vaulting across bonnets of moving cars. You turned round and saw Dan scrambling over the bonnet of a certain car.

"Come on Dan I've got a case," you said impatiently.

He slid off the bonnet and ran a round the stationery and very angry cars. You then leapt over the fence with ease to get into Hyde Park. You heard a thump and turned around. Dan was laying face first on the floor. You helped him up. He had a nice stream of blood pouring out of his nose. You unwrapped your scarf and gave it to him to stop the bleeding. You then ran across the park to the police tape.

You reached it and turned around. Dan caught up with you eventually. He came and stood next to you then collapsed. You looked at him quizzically.

Was he really that unfit?

(A/n)
Thank you everyone for reading and commenting. It makes me really happy. I hope you're enjoying it.
Loony 🐌