Chapter Eight

Dan fell into a sitting position on the roof. He swivelled his head to see who had stopped him from falling.
"No. No. No," he said eyes wide as he sprung to his feet.
The figure stood on the roof trench coat billowing in the wind.
"Y...you're..." He stuttered.
"I'm what?" Said the figure raising an eyebrow.
"Dead."
"Obviously not," said the figure in a monotone voice.
"You...you died," Dan said in disbelief.
The figure just sighed loudly. "Maybe we should take this downstairs," the figure grabbed Dan's wrist and pulled him down the stairs. Dan just followed like a lost sheep.

The figure sat opposite Dan at a desk and lent forwards, resting their elbows on the desk.
"You're dead," Dan whispered.
They inched their face closer to Dan's. "And you nearly were as well," they growled, "you're an idiot Daniel James Howell, anyone ever told you that?"
"And you're a bitch, leaving me here all the time, letting me think you were dead. It almost killed me!" Dan said raising his voice.
"Huh?" The figure said in mock offence.
"You missed (f/n) and Phil's wedding. What kind of friend are you? Pretending you were dead."
"I didn't."
"What?"
"I was at their wedding. I was (f/n) bridesmaid and you were the best man. I was also at my funeral. I even talked to you."
"No you weren't I would've recognised you."
"Obviously you didn't."
"I used to love you, you know?"
"Yes. You were blatantly obvious. I warned you about me at my funeral. I don't feel sentiment or love or allow others to towards me either."
"Oh... Hang on! You said you were (f/n) bridesmaid. Does that mean she knows you were alive?"
"Of course! So did Phil, my landlady and the police force."
"Why didn't they tell me?" Dan said punching the desk.
"It was all a plan. To make you stop caring for me. None of them approved of my ways but they agreed to help me."
"Why, (y/n), why?"
"I told you."
"No. Why didn't you want me to care?"
"Because if I did die you might go and chuck yourself of a building without thinking about anyone else. Just you," you growled.

"You're Rebeka!" Dan said all of a sudden.
"Well done Sherlock. I even gave you a hint on the roof. I was being so blatantly obvious. I was hoping you'd get it before now," you tutted.
"How did you do it?" Dan asked.
"Aren't you mad , don't you hate me?"
"No," Dan said giggling to himself, "your plan didn't work. I. Love. You." He then smiled goofily.
'O' you mouthed.
"How?" He asked now in a fit of giggles. Suddenly he hit the desk unconscious and you took the syringe you had put in his arm out and smirked to yourself. Drugs always got people to loosen there tongue and speak the truth quicker. With Dan it might have taken months for him to tell you his feelings. Now you knew a key bit of evidence. Dan still loved you. The drugs would stop him remembering your meeting and you knew it was time to go back to being 'dead'.

(A/n)
Thank you all for commenting and voting. I really appreciate it. The question is: how did you do it? I hope you are enjoying the story so far.
Over and out,
Loony🐌