How It Seemed

When she got there everything was the same, it was almost scary.
Maybe the only thing that changed was her.
Her hair was a little messy from crying some more, he eyes were a little emptier, her clothes were a little darker.. But her heart, at least tried to stay unscathed.
When she actually got to the other side of the portal she was about to use her scissors to go back, but millions of people's lives were at stake if she did, she was to be ruler now.
She glanced at the main gates and looked back at the scissors in her pocket, all her luggage was so heavy, but not as heavy as her heart.
She took a few steps forward and a carriage came up. The top castle butler, as always would take her luggage because it was his duty to take care of all the royalty.
She got in and off she went towards the palace.
================================================
God, the palace was even worse.
Even the maids and butlers tried to act like nothing was different, the floors were shinier and brighter then they've ever been. It looked unnatural.
They showed her to her new room. But she wasn't going in there. They were trying to give her the former king and queen's bedroom.
Bastards.
She refused and told them she was staying in her old room.
"A small room like that is not fit for a...queen."
"Yes, and the room of a 14 year old girl's dead parents is perfectly suitable."
No comment, they showed the way to her room but she said she could do it herself.
I think they sensed the change in her.
When the rainbow-fied princess's door emerged she went inside to see that nothing had changed.
Seems nothing has changed.
Absolutely nothing.
She unpacked her things, and there were a lot of them, she put her wand in her panty drawer so no one would have the guts to look for it but her.
It was time.
To find out how her parents died.
No one had even tried to explain it to her, and she wondered why.
That butler called to tell her the news so he must know how it happened.
So she went to go look for him.
================================================
'Office maybe? Dealing with outside financial problems?'
Yeah, that's probably what he's doing.
She slammed open the main office door to see a midget of a man.
"Yes Princess Star, what is it that you need? Oh and your coronation is planned for tomorrow."
"Wait what?"
"Yes, you will be crowned queen tomorrow, your attire is already planned and we are having a large ball."
Wait, invitations. Earth. Marco.
"Can I invite some of my earth friends?!"
He thought about it, if they ruined or touched anything..
"I'm not sure we can allow such trash in the palace.."
"...How can you call them trash? They are much better people then you! Your a shady liar that keeps secrets from me, so I don't wanna hear you calling them trash." She said angrily.
'I can put you in the dungeons..' She thought.
"Oh really? And how will the palace be run then?"
Did she just say that out loud?
"I'll just hire someone. And I didn't come here to be annoyed by someone as rude as you, I came here to ask you something." Star muttered.
Truthfully after her ignorant threat he didn't want to help her with anything, but he couldn't deny his master.
"And what is that..?" He asked rudely, maybe she'll get the hint and go away.
"I want to know how my parents died."
If he was drinking something he would have choked and spit it all over her. Didn't she know that they were all trying to act like everything was okay? And then what if she were to find out about...
"They died of natural causes, the cold hit them hard."
She frowned, she couldn't help it. Did he really think she was that stupid?
If a person is sick just cast a healing spell and they get better. The only way people from Mewny could really die is from old age, serious accidents, or..
"I'm really sorry for your loss miss but I must get back to work." He got up and pushed her out the office, literally, and slammed the door behind her.
'Okayyyy...
When she was just a toddler, she remembered how Gertrude, the butler, would usually act. He was quiet, and mysterious, and just overall a uncomfortable  person to be around. But now, he's still the same, except that he's loud and obnoxiously rude.
When she returned to her room Star realized something wasn't right about their death.
1. They weren't old
2. If it was an accident, they would've told her already and not lied
3. If they really did get a cold then that means no one even tried to help them, thus you can say they were..
They were... Murdered.
But by who? The doctors?
Why? Why would they do that?
Or was it just straight up murder? And Gertrude the top castle butler was just lying entirely, nobody was sick.
Would they do something to her too if she became queen?
Okay then, she just didn't have to become ruler.
This isn't going to be easy.