Surprise!

{Chris Pov}

I woke up to the bright sun, shining through the window. I can't believe I'm 24. Its like I was just 23 yesterday. Well I was, but still time is flying fast. I touched the Yani's side of the bed and it was empty. Then I saw her come out the closet with her work clothes on and shoes in her hand. I don't know why she's still working when I could just take care of her, but she always wanted to be a lawyer.

"Good morning baby!" She smiled and gave me a kiss. She went in front the mirror and and took those rolls things out her hair. When she finished her hair she slipped on her shoes. She sprayed some perfume and got her bag then went out the room door. The door opened and Yani peeked her head in.

"Oh yeah babe I almost forgot, can you look out for a package coming here for me?" She asked , I nodded. She was about to close it when I spoke. "Tyani aren't you forgetting something?" I asked her, because it seems like she forgot my birthday. She twisted her face in confusion. Then it looked like a light bulb went off in her head."Oh yeah the papers for the case. Thanks baby!" She hurried inside got the papers off the dresser.

She then dropped her bags and went in the bathroom. Wow she forgot my birthday. I shook my head. I got up out the bed and went in the bathroom to brush my teeth. Her phone rang, she wiped herself and pulled up her pants. She washed her hands then answered it.

"Hello!" She answered. She looked at me then left out the bathroom into the room. I heard her lower her tone, but I could still hear what she was saying.

"Yeah, he doesn't suspect a thing....okay, so i'll come to your house later and we'll get down to business....okay love you mwah!" She blew a kiss through the phone. She hung up. "Chris I'm leaving! Love you!" She said then rushed out. Is Yani cheating on me? No, she wouldn't do that! First, she forgets my birthday. Then, she tells some next nigga they gonna get busy later.

I got in the shower and when I came out I got dressed. I got my keys then left.

**********

(Yani Pov)

Waking up this morning was hectic for me being that time in New York and Cali are different. Im kinda nervous, because todays my first day at this law firm. Its the same firm but just a different branch. Chris looked sad this morning. He probably thought I forgot his birthday. Which was the plan. His mother and I planned it and some of his friends. So she called this morning and i'm going to her hotel later to finalize some things for his surprise. Chris doesn't know she's here.

I reached in front the building and turned off my car. I picked up my bag and got out. I went to the elevator an pressed the 15th floor. I spoke to the boss yesterday and he told me everything I needed to know. The 15th floor is where Criminal and Entertainment law is, which are both my fields. Yup! Im two types of lawyers. When the elevator opened I was greeted by a familiar face.

It was Leelani. She was my friend in Virginia. She was like my best friend. We use to hang out a lot, have sleepovers, and other best friend stuff. When she noticed me she engulfed me in a big hug. I hugged her back and laughed. We talked for a little then she went to her floor.

I walked to my office and it was so plain and boring. Not me at all! I like crazy and exciting. Imma spice this room up. I pulled out the papers of the case and began making notes on and it. I created my leading and direct questions. I gotta meet with the client tomorrow.

When I finished work I told Leelani about the party and she said she's gunna come. I walked to my car and got in heading Mama's hotel.

When I got there I told the lady at the front desk who I was here to see and she called Mama to confirm, then told me to go up. I got in the elevator, then got out once I reached her floor. I knocked on the door and the door slowly opened. When I saw her I cried. I haven't seen her in so long and I missed her so much. She pulled me in and hugged me. I mean I talk to her on the phone, but seeing her person just stirs up an emotion in me.