First day back

Representation of Kats outfit in picture section

•Kat•

I woke up and rubbed sleep from my eyes. The sun blinded me and I rolled over and hit a huge snoring log also known as Steve.

"Hey" I cooed, putting one hand on his chest and pushing him gently "time to get up darling"

He grunted. I giggled and ran my hand down is abs, I mean it was hard not to be tempted.

"Good morning" he smiled

"Time to get up" I gave him a kiss on the forehead

"For what?"

"You have a meeting with the heads of military today"

"Wait what?" He propped himself up

"That's right Captain, it's time to get back to what you do best"

"What about the avengers? What about you?" He said baffled

"I've got my own mission. and I'm pretty sure if there's avenging to do, they'll call us" I laughed

"What's your mission?" He questioned

"Shields back up and running and me and Natasha are serving as their training wheels." I said getting out of bed

"So basically fury's babysitter" he joked

I nodded "something like that"

I went in the bathroom and did my morning routine then walked into the closet to pick out my clothes. I put on loose jeans, a plain white tee, combat boots, and a small crystal necklace.

"You accessorize now?" Steve teased

"I gotta transition back into society sometime" I shrugged

I walked toward the back of the closet and placed my hand on a scanner hidden behind hanging clothes. The wall began to rotate letting me walk into the room behind it.

"You never told me about this" he marveled at my little hideaway

"Precaution"

I grabbed the files and put them in my  tote then slung it over my shoulder

"Have a good day, remember don't be nervous!" I said rushing out

"Have fun baby sitting!" Steve laughed

I grabbed the keys off the kitchen counter and leaned over and gave Sebastian a kiss.

"Bye I -" I cut myself off. Was about to here those three little words come out of my mouth? "- I'll miss you!" I said nervously trying to cover up what I was about to say. I don't have the time nor do I want to process my feelings right now.

I pulled the door shut behind me and raced down the stairs to the street. I hopped on my motorcycle, that Steve insisted I get, and started driving. Luckily the shield location was only a few blocks from here.

Once I arrived I typed in the authorization code and pulled into what I guessed was their parking garage type thing.

"Glad you could make it, does Steve know you're here" Natasha greeted me

"No he doesn't" I affirmed

"Just how we like it"

We walked together into the building and i heard voices.

"Now this agent seems terrifying on paper but I doubt she's that good in real life."

Natasha gave me a little side smile and we walked in.

"I see my reputation doesn't preceded me" I joked

"You'd have to leave survivors for that to happen." Natasha added

"You..you're-" a girl stumbled
Over her words

"Queen cobra, yes I know and you're daisy Johnson"

I looked at Natasha giving her a look of reassurance that I'd be fine here on my own, she took This chance to exit quietly to continue her mission.

"Glad you could make it on such short notice" Coulson flashed a smile at me "let's talk in my office"

I followed him down narrow hallways admiring the beautiful exposed brick and old wooden doors. We made it to his office and he quietly shut the door behind us.

"Did you get my files?" He asked

I took them out of my bag and threw them on his desk "you thought widow wouldn't come through?" I smirked

"Now, what do you expect me to do with them?" I asked

"Have you looked at them yet?" He asked

"Why did you give me my file?"

"It was one of the few things recovered after shields collapse, along with most of the avengers files. You, Clint, and Natasha are the only ones we managed to save. They were arguably the most important. We figured you'd want to keep your identity a secret. We do have copies but they're under lock and key"

"You got that right," I flipped through my file

"Now what's in file number 2?" My voice was confident but slightly shaky

"Now that, is what I dragged you in here for, it's your mission and yours alone. In that file is all the Intel we have on hydra, we're leaving it up to you to take down hydra once and for all."

"And the flash drive?" I feared the response

"Along with the hydra Intel we think we may have a lead on The winter soldier, do what you will with that information."

He leaned down and grabbed something out of his desk drawer and slide it across the table to me.

"The deputy director possession is yours if you want it." I picked up what he had slide towards me and flipped over the leather cover, it was a shield badge along with an ID

I held it in my hand and thought for a moment "Why me?"

"You're strong enough to build up what we have here, a strong leader who won't let emotions get in the way"  he paused waiting for my answer "so what do you say?"