Chapter 18

Louis POV

I stare blankly at the wall. I'm an idiot for doing that to Darcy. I was driven by pure sexual hunger, and now she's with Harry and god knows what they are doing together. Fighting. Crying. Loving.

I look over at my phone that buzzes on the coffee table and pick it up.
"Hello?"
"Louis? It's Zayn."
"Zayn? What the hell do you want at this time of day?"
"Did you hear about Harry and Darcy?"
"Uh, no?"
"They were in a fatal car accident. Harry has a punctured lung and broken ribs while Darcy is getting no brain waves and is on life support."

Holy fuck.

I jump up and grab my hoodie and keys in a matter of seconds.

"I'm on my way there."

I hang up and run down the steps of my apartment building, the elevator takes too long. I run to my van and hop in. I speed down to the hospital and try to ignore the guilty stab in my gut I get.
"Please let them be okay." I sob to no one in particular.

No brain waves. Life Support. Punctured Lung.

Those repeat over and over in my brain as I pull into the visitor parking lot.
I jump out and run immediately to the front desk. I'm a sweaty mess by the time I get there but I could care less.

"May I help you sir?" She says sweetly, eyeing my appearance but showing no emotion over it.
"There.. Was an accident.. Teenage girl and boy.." I gasp out.
"Hm, let me see.." She trails off and types some stuff into her computer.
"Harry Styles and Darcy Parker?"
"Yes, that's them." I say.
"Can I have an update on their condition?" I plea.

"Of course. Give me one moment. You make take a seat." She gestures to the waiting room and I nod.
"What's the name I should call?"
"Tomlinson."
I walk over to the waiting area and take seat beside some little girl.
She's fiddling with some sort of doll, and she starts braiding it's hair. I love kids so I decide to speak up to get my mind off of the events going on around me.

"That's a pretty braid." I say softly and she looks up at me and smiles brightly.
"Thanks." She squeaks and pets at the dolls head.
"I used to braid my sister's hair all the time."
"What's her name?" She squeaks out and I smile.
"Lottie." I smile at the faint memory of when I had a clean slate. No background. I wasn't.. Evil.

I watch her a few more moments before turning to examine the room.
I'm halfway around when I hear someone call;
"Tomlinson?" I snap my head up and rush over, my chest tightening.
"So? How are they?" I press my lips together when she sighs, looking at her paper.

"Well, the boy, Harry, is it? He's in stable condition. I'm sure he will be fine. He's conscious and moving. Just pretty beaten up."

I blow out in relief then remember Darcy.
"And Darcy?"
"The girl, well, she's not responding to any treatment. Her brain is not functioning the way it should be because of a blunt force trauma. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt because she was drugged and needed to lie down-"

Fucking shit.

"-But yeah like I said. We don't know if the girl will make it or not. It's too soon to say I'm quite afraid."

I bury my head in my hands, and I feel the nurse awkwardly pat my back.
"The surgeons are doing all they can."
"When can I see her?"
"Are you family?"
"No but-"
"Only family at the moment. But after the surgeons let it go for a while is when you can see them.

I nod in understanding and clench my jaw as I decide to take a walk around the hospital.
I feel as if this all my fault. All my fault.
Darcy is dying and it's all my fault.