Chapter 24

Harry's POV

"Zayn, what the fuck do you want?" I growl.
Zayn mockingly puts his hands in the air, chuckling.
"Calm down mate. I was just admiring the cute little couple." He sneers.

I step in front of Darcy to be on the safe side, giving Zayn my meanest glare I can muster.
"Leave us alone." I snarl.

"I just have some news for you. Sophia has been qualified as an unsolved mystery and they've dropped all investigations."

I feel an entire heavy burden dissolve off of my chest as those words leave his lips. I nod, showing no emotion on my face whatsoever.

"Good to hear." I clear my throat, then take Darcy's hand.
"We best be going now. Bye Zayn." I start to turn around and leave with her, but Zayn's voice stops me.

"I was also wondering whether you are attending the ballroom dancing tomorrow?"
Shit. I forgot about that.
Every year the headquarters holds a traditional ballroom dancing. It's fancy and only for headquarters members only.
"No. I'm not."

"Why not Harry? That sounds fun." Darcy's voice pipes up.
Fuck not now Darcy.
I glare at her in warning and suck in a breath when she doesn't take the hint.
"Can other people attend too?" She asks cluelessly.
"No they can't Darcy, now let's go."
"Actually she can. I'm allowing her and her only to come to the ball." Says Zayn smugly.

I want to slap myself for not leaving sooner.

"We will be there." Smiles Darcy.
I groan mentally but force a smile and nod to Zayn.
"It will be a pleasure having you." Zayn says, before turning on his heel and slinking off.

"Darcy!" I groan and she looks at me innocently, with wide eyes.
"What?"
"I hate dancing."
"I do too."
"Then why did you volunteer to go to this bullshit?"
"It's not bullshit, it sounds fun." She says quietly and I soften my hard expression.

"Let's go pick out what we'll where then aye?" I take her hand as she smiles up at me, and I can't help but now feel a bit excited for this dance.

***

"Are you ready yet?" I call out, awkwardly adjusting my collar of my tuxedo.
"Almost!" Darcy's voice calls from the bathroom.
I look in the full length mirror. I have my hair in a man bun but I'm thinking of taking it down.
I decide to take it down and I watch as my long brown curls fall to my shoulders. I ruffle my hair and push it back, scrunching my nose. I don't know why I'm so handsome to Darcy.

I hear a door creak open and I turn around with a gasp. Darcy looks absolutely fucking stunning.

Her long blonde hair is curled in perfect spirals that cascade down her back, and her long pink dress with embroidered diamonds shine brightly, bringing out her green blue eyes. She's put on mascara and some blush, and she smiles at me with a sweet smile.

"Harry, you look so good!" She grins.
"T-Thank you. B-But Darcy you... Look.. S-So-"
Her cheeks flush, and she looks down.
"You're so beautiful." I murmur, walking over and taking her hands in mine. I rest a soft kiss against her lips and she kisses my cheek.
I bend down properly and kiss the top of her hand.

"Ready to go?" I smile a crooked smirk, and she nods.
"Whenever you are."

***

We arrive at the headquarters, which is decorated with yellow Christmas lights.
Some people in tuxedos and suits and dresses are walking in. Funny, I work here and don't even know them.

I get out of the Buick and jog around to the passenger side, opening the door and taking her small hand into my large one and helping her out.
She smiles up at me and I let out a breath at just how beautiful she is. It's mind boggling.