Chapter 21

Darcy's POV

I climb awkwardly into Harry's Buick, still feeling unsteady on my feet. With the help of Harry I'm able to get in fully without sheer pain erupting through my body.

The drive is in silence. Not an awkward silence, a comfortable silence. I look over at Harry for a split second and his focused frown spreads to a smile so he knows I'm looking at him. He reaches his arm across the seats and rests his hand on my thigh. He rubs circles with the pad of his thumb.

All too soon he pulls into the dorms.
"You can get out here. I'll park the car and meet you here." He smiles as I get out. To his dismay I forced him to stay in the car and not help me out.
It's really unfair at how un-wounded he is and I'm like a ripped up rag doll.

I stand and wait as he pulls away. I count clouds, people walking by, and stick my tongue out at a few people staring at my condition.

Finally Harry comes running up and I mockingly shiver.
"You're acting like a girl." I giggle and he rolls his eyes.
"Let's just get outside. It's freezing." He says.
I oblige and follow suit.
Then I look at the stairs and curse silently to myself.

"Want to use the elevator?"
"It's only for handicapped kids."
"You're kinda handicapped."
"Doesn't count."
"Does too."
"Does not."
"You can't go up these steps."
"Bet me."

We banter back and forth like childish kids whether or not I can go up the stairs. I let him win as he takes my hand and leads me to the elevator.
We press our level and I laugh when Harry sings the weird elevator song.
"You know this song?" I laugh.
"You Can Call Me Al is a classic. Look it up." He hums and I just watch him play the air trumpet in amusement until it stops on my floor.

He takes my hand and leads me out when I stop at my door and gasp.

"What?" Harry questions.
"I knew it!" I hiss.
"What?" Harry repeats, this time worry flashes across his face.
"B-237! I have the possessed room from the shining! That's why so many bad things have happened to me these past few months!" I bark, Harry just shaking his head.

"I highly doubt that's the reason." He says and I scrunch my nose up.
"I'm getting a new dorm."
"Move in with me."
"Not happening."
He groans in defeat, sitting down on the floor.

"I'm losing it." He says and acts like I've driven him insane.
"You never had it Harry."
"Smart ass."
I throw a pillow at him which he catches, and tosses back at me.

We both share a laugh and he gets up, walking over to me and taking both of my hands into his.
He crashes his hungry lips against mine, igniting me in an electric intimacy which is Harry. He's gentle, knowing my lips are still bruised but his soft assault makes me want to forget about the pain and just escape into his love. But, the pain is there and I know I can't.

He pulls away and I smile, as does he.
"You should rest." He whispers.
"I slept for four days." I point out.
He laughs, a real laugh and I ponder what was so amusing about what I just said.
"What's so funny?"
"The irony. I don't know. I laugh at stupid things."
He smirks and steps closer to me.

"Forgive me."

He bends down and kisses my lips softly then just as quickly as they came, he pulls away leaving me wanting more.

"You're forgiven." I say out loud, meaning it in more ways he will ever know.
"Mmm. That's what I like to hear." He bends down and brushes his lips against my sensitive jaw, making my eyes shut on instinct.
"You love it when I tease you like this, don't you?" He breathes on my skin, sending goosebumps through out my entire body.
I nod, and he just continues with the seductive words.
"I want to hear you say it baby." I can hear the smirk in his voice.
"I like it." I say simply, embarrassedly.