Chapter 19

"She's not- she can't be-"
I stammer, my entire body frozen.

Louis just nods and takes me into a hug.
That's when it hits me.
She's gone.

"No. No. No." I sob into his shoulder.
I'm crying so hard, I fall into a fit of coughing.

"She's not exactly dead boys. We just think she's never going to wake up and we want to pull the plug on her. She's brain dead, and we just think she's just..gone."

I grip Louis' shirt and sob.
"It's not fair. It's not fair."
I cry out.
"Let me see her." I say after I pull away from Louis.

"I'm afraid not."
"Let me see her you fucking bastard." I snarl and start to push past them.
A nurse grabs me but I just shove her from me.

"Don't touch me and let me see her." I howl but they're pulling me away from the hallway.
"Let me go!" I scream.
"Darcy!" I scream even louder.
"She can't leave me! Don't you dare fucking give up on her!" I scream.
I buckle down to the floor when I'm pulled down there by nurses.

"Darcy!" I scream again but I snap my head around when I feel something sharp go into my arm.
"Are fucking sedating me?" I howl.
"Please! Just don't leave me Darcy!" I scream in the most pitiful cry one last time before I'm slumping to the floor.

***

4 hours later

***

I flutter my eyes open, groaning at the harsh light.
I see that Louis is asleep beside me in a chair, and then I remember Darcy.

"Louis." I whisper.
He doesn't wake.
"Louis." I say harsher.
Still snoring.
"Louis!" I finally yell and he jumps up.
"What's wrong?" He rushes.

"What's wrong? What's wrong?" I howl.
"Darcy is dying, they want to let her die, it's all my fault, the last god damn thing she said to me was calling me a monster and you're asking me what's wrong?" I ramble and Louis sighs frustratedly.

"I'm sorry." He says and I shut my eyes to calm down.
"No, I'm sorry." I mumble.

He doesn't respond, just rubs his eyes.
"I'm going to see how Darcy is." He says and walks out, leaving me sitting there with an empty heart and suicidal thoughts starting to linger.

***

Louis' POV

I shut Harry's door behind me, and try to ignore the cold, stabbing pain in my heart. I walk over to Darcy's room and peer in. She's still lying there, but she's gotten paler than the last time I saw her.

I walk in there and sit down beside her, taking her cold, damaged, hand into mine.

"Please wake up. You have a family Darcy." I whisper, my voice cracking.

"Harry, he loves you more than words can explain. What he did was terrible of course, but you don't know the whole story. I didn't tell you because I wanted you to love me not Harry. But I realize now how much you guys are intimate. I've never seen anyone look at someone the way Harry looks it you."

I feel a tear roll down my cheek but I ignore it and continue.

"You have to wake up Darcy." I sob.
"Darcy, please come back to us."

Suddenly, the heart monitors steady beeps goes into one long line.

She's flat lined.

"Shut shit shit!" I scream and drop her hand, running out into the hallway.

"Someone! Doctors! Help! Help!" I scream at the top of my lungs.
Doctors from every which way come running and point to her room.
"She's dead she's dead." I cry.