Chapter 23

Harry's POV

"The park?" Questions Darcy.
I smile and nod, intertwining my fingers around hers.
"Yesterday you spent the day with Zoe, now it's my turn to spend time with you. I realized I never realized I took you on an actual date."
I confess.

She blushes and looks down, and I nudge her with my shoulder.
I hum softly the Beach Boys song "Wouldn't It Be Nice." And she hums along, and starts spinning around. I laugh and watch as she dances around happily, spinning around dramatically.

I laugh even harder when she runs into a tree, after I see her laugh about it and know that she's okay.
In a moment of childish manner she sticks her tongue out at me and I bare my teeth, scrunching my nose up.

"How handsome is that face?" She sarcastically remarks.
"The most handsome in the world." I laugh and reach for her.
She dodges my grasp and runs off- well limps off as fast as she can, yelling over her shoulder;
"Damn straight!" In answer to my statement.

I chase after her, and she's too slow with the cast to go too far so I wrap my arms around her waist, picking her up and hugging her tight to me. She squeals in fright at first then laughs, kicking and screaming for me to put her down when I sling her over my shoulder.

I slap her behind and she literally snarls at me.

I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe, so I put her down and she glares at me playfully before giving me a slight shove and pulls down her sleeves.
"You scared me!" She exclaims when I just laugh at her expense.

"Come on I wasn't going to let you fall or anything!" I protest but I pause but she just stares behind me, with wide eyes.
I'm almost scared to turn.

"Harry." She whispers, and gestures behind me. I turn around slowly, ready to defend my girl if it's something bad.

I furrow my eyebrows when I see there's nothing there.
"Gotcha!" I hear behind me and within seconds Darcy is on my back, laugh with triumph.
"I've got to hand it to you, that was pretty good." I laugh and she just wraps her arms around her neck as I hold her on my back.

She kisses my cheek and I smile up at her.
"How in the hell did you get on my back with a broken leg may I ask?" She looks at me and raises an eyebrow.
"You've always doubted my skills. But I can honestly say I have no idea."

I roll my eyes and she slaps the back of my head playfully.
"Let me braid your hair."
Oh no.
"No way!"
"Please?"
"Not happening."
"Come on."
"Never."
She slides off my back and looks at me through her eyelashes, with a puppy dog eye look.

I sigh in defeat and she grins with excitement.
I sit down on the top of the picnic table as she sits beside me. She runs her fingers through my hair and call me weird but it feels really good.

"Do you even brush your hair?" She asks and I snap my head around.
"I take excellent care of my hair thank you very much." I sniff and she rolls her eyes.
I turn back around and I feel her separate my hair into sections.
"Never cut your hair." She says and I bite my lip before answering.
"It grows so fast." I whine.
"It'll be to my arse before long."
"Keep it this length then."

I don't answer, I just go quiet to listen the birds that are chirping, and my girl humming The Beatles.

"And, done!" She says. Her voice has a proud tone to it.
She pulls out her phone and takes a picture of my hair, then hands it over to me.
It's a pretty good braid I have to hand it to her.
"Not bad." I say.
"Not bad?" She scoffs and scoots over to sit beside me.
"Bloody amazing." I chuckle and wrap my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

She rests her head on my shoulder, and smiles at me.
I smile at my girl. The girl I fell hopelessly in love with. The girl with blue green eyes that captivated me in more ways than I would have comprehended five months ago when she bumped into me in the hallway. I never knew how much she would make me smile, or make me laugh. I never knew how much my heart would hurt when I thought I lost her.
She's My girl, and she always will be.

I kiss her nose as these thoughts run through my head and she scrunches her nose up with a smile.

"How about we go for coffee?" I ask her and she pulls away and grins at me.
"Sounds good to me." She hops off the picnic table favoring her bad leg and I follow suit. She stifles a laugh when I trip over a branch on the ground and I curse at it.

"That wasn't funny." I protest and she rolls her eyes.
"And it was when I ran into the tree?"
"Touché." We laugh, and I take her hand in mine.
I smile to myself at the people looking over at us with smiles on their faces.

"People are staring." Darcy echoes my thoughts.
"Only at you. You're adorable." I poke her side and she makes a squeaking noise.
"No way, they're staring at you."
I laugh and nudge her side.

"They're probably staring at the two of you, sloppily hanging on each other like that."

I feel my heart freeze solid right in my chest at the rasp of that all too familiar voice behind us.