Chapter Two

"Hey, Mom," Julia said dumping her backpack on the kitchen floor.

"Got any food?" Xavier asked walking by.

"First thing he asks for is food," Katrina said rolling her eyes. "Xavier, say hello to you mom."

"Oh, hey, Mom," Xavier said kissing his mother's cheek. "Got any food?"

"I could ask the same thing," Kyle said coming in. "I'm starving."

"Me too!" Jason and Haden said in unison.

"I swear, you boys are going to eat us out of house and home," Aira said in disbelief.

"Hey, is this cake taken?" Xavier asked.

"Yes! Don't touch it! You don't want a repeat of last time you took Uncle Cole's cake do you?" Aira said hastily.

"Ah!" Xavier backed away from it and made sure it didn't look tampered with. "Ooooo! A giant ham sandwich!"

"That is Scales!" Aira said.

"What's he doing here?" Julia asked.

"He had some business with your father," Aira said turning to her dinner preparations. "For some reason he and your Grandpa Garmadon get a kick out of his giant ham sandwiches. I find it better not to ask."

"Does that mean Junior is here?" Kyle asked. "That guy is cool!"

"He is in the living room," Aira said.

"You know he is like twenty right?" Stephanie asked.

"Ya, and?" Kyle said. "I'm only two years younger than him. And what does it matter? We are both guys."

"Well, he isn't that mature I suppose," Stephanie sighed. "I was saying that more for myself."

"Don't you dare get a thing for a Serpentine," Kyle said. "I don't think Dad would be to pleased with that."

"What would I not be pleased with?" Zane asked poking his head in.

"Nothing," Stephanie said quickly.

"She is falling for a Serpentine!" Haden laughed. Stephanie gave him a death look.

"Oh no she is not," Zane said forcefully.

"Haden is just being immature, Uncle Zane," Julia said covering for her.

"She said-" Haden began but Xavier covered his mouth. Zane rolled his eyes and left.

"Way to go, Haden," Katrina sighed.

"Hey, she said it not me."

"Don't you all have homework to do?" Aira asked. She was trying to get them all out of her kitchen.

"And a zillion tests to study for," Katrina grumbled.

"Don't be silly, Katrina," Jason dead panned. "You only have six periods."

"Oh, I have more than that," Katrina grumbled.

"Ewewewewewewewe," Jason gagged. "Let me rephrase: you only have six class periods."

"Better," Katrina said heading upstairs.

"Mom! Conor pulled my hair!" An eleven year old Jacqueline cried.

"Go tell your Uncle Cole," Aira said.

"Aunt Aira," Luke asked. "Can I have some milk?"

"It's in the fridge," Aira said.

"Can I have some too?" Noah asked.

"Yes-"

"Can I have some juice?" James asked.