Chapter Nine

A/n- Up above is what Devron would look like as a human. I'm sorry these aren't Lego pics. It's really hard to find Lego pics that work. Just use your imagination! -LL_17

"Xavier," Julia gasped again. He squeezed harder completely cutting off her air supply making it impossible for her to talk.

"Let her go, Xavier!" Kyle shouted angrily. "You're killing her."

"So be it," Xavier said angrily.

Kyle felt a white hot angry rise inside of him. He yelled and shot his hands forward. Xavier's eyes widened. He looked down at his side and dropped Julia. She gasped for breath and coughed violently. She looked up and gaped at Kyle. An icicle had buried itself in Xavier's side. He stumbled back and pulled the ice from his side. Katrina's head shot up and she gaped at Kyle. Kyle looked down at his hands in shock. He recovered his wits and glared at Xavier.

"You almost killed your own sister!" Kyle yelled in anger. Katrina's eyes widened but she didn't say anything. "You're becoming a monster."

"It's better than being one of you!" Xavier spat.

He picked up Katrina bridal style and powered up his dragon. He flew off quickly. Kyle saw Jason and Kai's dragon pursuing. He hurried over to Julia. She had a red mark around her neck. She was still gasping. She began to shake and Kyle wrapped his arms around her. He got on his knees and rocked her back and forth.

"He almost killed me! He has gone dark! He isn't the brother I remember anymore," she said in between gasps.

Kyle saw Lloyd's dragon land off to the side.

"What happened?! Is she hurt?!" Lloyd asked frantically. Zane and Aira both landed as well and hurried up.

"Xavier almost killed her," Kyle said darkly. Julia coughed and was gasping. "Almost choked the life out of her!"

Lloyd sank to the ground. His children were being torn apart. His family was being torn apart. Aira got on her knees and wrapped her arms around her grieving husband.

"How did you save her," Zane asked.

"I stabbed him," Kyle said.

Lloyd looked up alarmed. Aira gasped but Julia waved them off.

"Don't worry," she gasped. "He is fine. Kyle here stuck him with an icicle."

Kyle beamed and Zane looked shocked.

"You got my element!" Zane yelled excitedly. "Don't ask me how but you did!"

"We will need to teach you how to use it," Julia smiled. Kai and Jason landed nearby.

"We chased them," Kai said breathlessly. "But they got away."

"We need to find them now not just because they are runaway children," Julia said quietly. "But because Xavier is a murder."

"What?!" Lloyd yelled.

Kyle pointed to the man lying dead on the ground. Lloyd put his face in his hands and Aira stood dumbfounded.

"That was the ping we got," Julia said softly. "The man recognized them and threatened to turn them in. He threatened to hurt Katrina and Xavier got angry. The man pulled a gun on them and Xavier snapped his neck."

"Sounds like self defense to me," Kai huffed.

"Yes, he wouldn't be charged with murder," Kyle said. "But if he killed that man that easily then he might do it again. You weren't here. You didn't see the look in his eyes. His eyes burned literally crimson with hate and fury."

Lloyd stood up and wiped any emotion from his face. Julia grew worried. He only did that when he was extremely upset. She couldn't tell if he was angry or overcome with grief. Aira noticed it too and placed a hand on his shoulder. He took his opposite hand and covered her hand with his.

"We need outside help," Lloyd finally said.

"Devron," Aira nodded.

*********************************

"What did Kyle mean when he said you almost killed Julia?" Katrina asked.

"He was just being overdramatic," Xavier growled.

"Where are we going?"

"To a cave I know of," Xavier said.

They landed soon after and Xavier showed her into the cave. He pulled out a small vial and sprinkled it along the black wall. It shimmered and showed that there was a door carved into one of the sides. Xavier pulled out a key and unlocked the door. Inside was a bed, a fireplace, stove, some shelves, a table, two chairs, and a dresser.

"Where did you find this place?" Katrina asked warily.

"I found this carved out 'house' about a month ago," he said. "By then I knew I was going dark and may need a place to stay in the future. I furnished it and borrowed one of Stephanie's concealment spells. No one can find the door."

"Why didn't you take us here first?" She asked.

"I wanted to make sure you were going to stay," he said. "So the others wouldn't find out about this place."

"Oh. Makes sense," she said slightly hurt by his lack of trust. Then she shook her head. He didn't mistrust her, he was just being cautious and smart.

Xavier slammed his hand on the table making her jump.

"Why am I so angry?!" He shouted. "Grrrrrrrr!!"

"Calm down!" Katrina said in a scared tone. Xavier noticed it and immediately did so.

"Maybe you should go," he said.

"No," she said stubbornly. "I am going to stay loyal to you."

"I may not be the best person to be loyal too," he said darkly.

Katrina shrugged and sat down on the bed. She was beginning to get very scared. Just how dark was Xavier going to get. He seemed a lot darker than his grandfather as far as she could tell from the stories. Maybe it had to do with magic?

**********************************

"Can you help us?" Lloyd asked the Druid. He had just finished telling of the recent events.

"I can try," Devron said. "He has become much darker than Garmadon ever was. I believe this is Sephtis's doing. He probably increased the darkness with magic. My dear Stephanie, have you used a searching spell yet?"

"Yes, I can't find him," she said thoughtfully. "I noticed one of my bottles of concealment was gone."

"You've been bottling your magic?" Devron asked raising an eyebrow.

"I was experimenting with it," she explained. "I only made a few but I hadn't been able to test them yet."

"I see," Devron said. He raised a hand to his chin and stroked the stubble that was there. "This does not bode well. If he is growing darker because of dark magic then I am worried he will begin to turn on people he loves most."

"Katrina," Kai said turning pale.

A/n- Okay I'm really starting to get into the good parts of this book. And I have to leave till Wednesday :'( oh well. Gives me more time to plan I suppose. I'll maybe be able to get one more update out before I leave but I'm not one hundred percent sure. Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17