Chapter Four

A/n- Up above are how I would picture the ninja in human form. Pretend Ronin has an eyepatch okay xD. -LL_17

"Is it just me or does Xavier seem upset?" Katrina asked Julia and Kyle.

"He is upset but he won't say why," Julia shrugged.

"Did he and your dad have a fight?" Kyle asked.

"No," Julia shook her head. "They sat downstairs for almost two hours talking but I don't know what about."

"I'll talk to him," Katrina said.

"What'll you do?" Stephanie asked raising an eyebrow.

Katrina ignored her and ran to catch up with Xavier. He didn't acknowledge her presence.

"What's wrong?" Katrina asked.

"I'm going dark," Xavier said quietly. "Don't tell the others."

"What?!"

"Like my grandpa," Xavier explained. "When he was Lord Garmadon. I found out I was born with some of it. I fought it off but I was cursed and it brought it out again. Ronin was able to stave it off for ten years. But it's starting to spread again."

"Xavier, I'm so sorry," Katrina said putting her hand over her mouth.

"You all might want to stay away," Xavier choked. "I may get dangerous."

"No, this is when you need support!" Katrina said fiercely. "and I'll be here for you."

She stood on her tiptoes and planted a soft kiss on Xavier's lips. He smiled.

"You know what the others would do if they found out?" Xavier smirked.

"You know what my dad would do if he found out?" She countered. "I love you."

"I love you too," Xavier whispered in her ear.

*******************************

*Two weeks later*

"It's FIIIDDDAAAAYY! FRIDAYYYY," Jason sang loudly.

"Oh good Ninjago, I hate that song!" Kyle said sticking his fingers in his ears.

"Shut up, it makes me feel good," Jason laughed.

"Ya well shut up," Xavier growled.

"What has gotten into you lately?" Julia asked.

"It's nothing," Xavier said in an angry tone.

Everyone looked back and forth between each other. Katrina avoided eye contact with everyone. Julia looked extremely hurt by her brother's tone.

"The bus is here," Haden coughed.

They all got on and rode awkwardly back to the monastery. Even Jason was quiet. Xavier went straight to his room when they got home. Katrina followed him a few minutes later.

"What's wrong with Xavier?" Jay asked Jason.

"I dunno," Jason answered. "He has been acting screwy lately."

Jay's face went pale. Jason raised an eyebrow at his dad but Jay ignored him. He hurried from the room leaving several confused teens.

"What is going on?!" Stephanie exclaimed.

"I don't know," Julia said wiping her eyes.

"Julia," Kyle said softly, "I need to talk to you."

Julia followed Kyle upstairs to his room. He shut the door and motioned for her to sit down.

"You know what's going on don't you?" Julia asked.