Chapter Ten

*three days later*

Kyle walked into his room and ran a hand through his hair. He sighed and sat on the bed. He was still being bugged by what Xavier had said. Julia knew this but she hadn't said anything. He had finally snapped at dinner. Jason was being annoying and Kyle had yelled at him. Then he had gone upstairs.

"Kyle? Are you okay?" Julia stuck her dirty blond head of hair in.

"I don't understand why he said such things," Kyle said.

"You mustn't listen to my brother," Julia said sadly. "He has been having a really hard time lately."

"I hear our parents talking," Kyle sighed. "They say he is getting much worse. Heck! He almost killed you!"

"Kyle, I'm so scared," Julia said as tears began to pour down her cheeks.

"Julia," Kyle said softly. "Don't cry please. It breaks my heart to see you cry."

"What if he goes completely bad?" She asked still crying. "My dad isn't himself. He has been distant lately. Haden has been trying to get him to talk but it's not working. Jacqueline and Jason doesn't understand what's going on. They're only eleven!"

"I'm here for you," Kyle assured. He looked towards the corner and yelped. Julia looked up and gasped. A faded image of Aira was standing there. She looked much younger and very confused.

"You're just a vision! How can you see me?" Aira asked.

"Oh my gosh," Julia said quietly. "It's happening. Mom, you have to listen to me. Find Ronin. If you don't bad things will happen. Do you understand me? Find Ronin!"

"What will happen?"

"The dark Druid! He-" Julia began but her mom faded from sight. Aira reached out a hand but felt nothing.

"What just happened?" Kyle asked incredulously.

"My mom told me that when I was six, she had a vision. It was an older me and you talking. We saw her and warned her to find Ronin. He was the one who saved Xavier from going bad for ten years."

"So that was your mom from ten years ago?"

"Yup," Julia nodded.

"Okay," Kyle said in a squeaky voice.

"You okay?" She giggled.

"Yup," he said just as squeaky.

"Hey," she said giving him a slight shove with her arm. "Thanks for saving my life today."

"No problem," he grinned and frosted a nearby object.

"Show off," she laughed.

"Julia, c-c-can I-I-"

"Spit it out, Kyle."

"Can I kiss you?" He asked and then closed an eye waiting for a response.

Julia pretended to think for a moment and then smiled. She nodded. He bent down and kissed her softly on the lips.

"How long have you had feelings for me?" Julia asked quietly staying close to his face.